Bales: Why you shouldn’t want the Cowboys to run more

Carp

DCC 4Life
One other element where we need to take pressure off of Romo besides the run game is to create some freaking turnovers. I get so jealous of watching a team like Chicago plus 20 in turnover differential with 8 defensive TDs. Meanwhile we were -13 and only scored 1 TD defensively.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
One other element where we need to take pressure off of Romo besides the run game is to create some freaking turnovers. I get so jealous of watching a team like Chicago plus 20 in turnover differential with 8 defensive TDs. Meanwhile we were -13 and only scored 1 TD defensively.
That along with more production from the ST will go a long way to help the offense out.

Instead of consistently having to go 75+ yards for a TD it would be nice to see more drives that start out at 60 yds away or closer.

IIRC, we got a little better in that department towards the end of the year when we started using Harris as the punt returner.

Our kickoff return unit still needs a lot of work, though.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I liked Harris back there for sure on punt returns, he was a boost. Our kickoff returns were horrid though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Keereckt.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Also...less passing would cut down on the turnovers.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Also...less passing would cut down on the turnovers.
If the running game is more effective, there will be less pressure on the passing game and Romo won't turn the ball over as often. He had 9 picks in 2009 back when that gimmick draw play was working. Just imagine the results if the running game didn't have to be a gimmick.

It's expecting a lot from Frederick, but it just has to come from him. Or maybe an outside chance of Leary. I don't see how Leary can be worse than Mackenzie Bernadeau. We might be stuck with Livings, but Leary somehow making the starting lineup might give me a sliver of hope. He'd still have lame-assed Free next to him, but at least he'd be young and somewhat powerful.

Top Bottom