At least 50 dead, more than 400 injured after shooting on Las Vegas Strip

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It also feels like there is a huge lack of info about this guy... usually there is a ton of info out about the shooters by this point.

The whole thing feels wrong.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It also feels like there is a huge lack of info about this guy... usually there is a ton of info out about the shooters by this point.

The whole thing feels wrong.
So maybe someone held him in the hotel room while they used his weapons to shoot at the masses then shot him and escaped before the police arrived and blasted the door open?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Not at all difficult to acquire a fully automatic weapon, as long as the weapon was made before 1986. You go thru the background check and pay the 200.00 for the tax stamp and you’re in. The biggest issue is the wait. Most clearance takes 12-14 months, but you have attorneys now who will set up gun trusts that shorten that time down to 5-6 months.

I own 3 that my grandfather brought back from WWII and my uncle brought back from Nam. All 3 fully automatic.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So maybe someone held him in the hotel room while they used his weapons to shoot at the masses then shot him and escaped before the police arrived and blasted the door open?
Probably.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
My understanding is that the only way to legally get a full automatic is with ATF clearance, which is basically like top level security clearance difficult. To say they are not already banned would be a practically dishonest statement, since they are banned for almost the entire population who cannot get that clearance.
And expensive as heck. A single Captain friend on the department has a small collection going as investment. He recently purchased a trigger set up, Only a trigger set up mind you, to convert a particular brand of rifle to full auto. Fed check and ATF inquiry later and 1 year later. , $31K. for a trigger!

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
And expensive as heck. A single Captain friend on the department has a small collection going as investment. He recently purchased a trigger set up, Only a trigger set up mind you, to convert a particular brand of rifle to full auto. Fed check and ATF inquiry later and 1 year later. , $31K. for a trigger!
As investment???
Wouldn't that mean planning to sell at a profit in the future??

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
As investment???
Wouldn't that mean planning to sell at a profit in the future??
That would be the normal application. Collectors in general buy and acquire because they are collectors They view them as part of the family. The ones who profit from the collection is the beneficiary of the collectors will. :art

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I feel like there is a lot more to this story that I want to know, but I'm not saying that he was framed or anything.
It does seem quite odd.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I was being sarcastic to LT's stupid question.
It was a question based on your comment that the shooter was set up. I was posing to you were you thinking this is what happened? Where is the stupidity. You raised the conspiracy theory.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yesterday, 10:46 AM #41
You guys ever see the Naked Gun movie where Ricardo Montalban uses mind control to get his assassins to work, and then kill themselves?

I don't want to get all conspiracy theory-ish, but it makes you think.

feel like there is a lot more to this story that I want to know, but I'm not saying that he was framed or anything.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I feel like I said specifically that I wasn't saying he was set up.

Just creepy is all, given the lack of other motive or history; it's like he just became a killer out of thin air.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I feel like I said specifically that I wasn't saying he was set up.

Just creepy is all, given the lack of other motive or history; it's like he just became a killer out of thin air.
Okay.

Top Bottom