Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Finally!

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, but reading further, Garrett is still saying that they are exploring options on what to do with Lee. :picard

p1_

DCC 4Life

Finally!
f'ing amazing. Are we really that stupid? Don't answer that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tough to compare out of context. Different offensive philosophy, different rules, different era.
That's exactly right. I sure as hell wouldn't try to compare him to Irvin yet. The better comparisons are between Bryant and every other WR in the NFL right now. Over the last two years there aren't many that can claim to be as good or better.

Cotton

Staff member

Yeah, they'll benefit, because they won't have to do a whole lot to be better than what we have endured the past few years.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Yeah, they'll benefit, because they won't have to do a whole lot to be better than what we have endured the past few years.
I wonder if they will appreciate was Jason has been building here.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'll give Garrett credit for getting Jerry to invest in the OL but that's about it. Aside from that we've added some nice pieces in Williams and Murray but nothing too groundbreaking and the defense has went to complete shit.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'll give Garrett credit for getting Jerry to invest in the OL but that's about it. Aside from that we've added some nice pieces in Williams and Murray but nothing too groundbreaking and the defense has went to complete shit.
If he hadn't waited so long to demand OL, his 'boy' Romo wouldn't have had the shit kicked out of him for 3 years straight. After 3 first round picks in 3 years we have the core of a very solid line, but that's too little too late for the Romo era.

Cotton

Staff member
I have seen no evidence that Garrett "demanded" OL. Hell, Jerry could have gotten the idea from all of the screaming fans demanding it.

data

Forbes #1

Finally!
I was holding out, hoping it was just a charliehorse. Damn.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I have seen no evidence that Garrett "demanded" OL. Hell, Jerry could have gotten the idea from all of the screaming fans demanding it.
Frederick was Jerry not gingerfuck, Garrett wanted Eifert and got Escobar as a consolation prize. There was even a report that Jerry had said ok to Escobust with the caveat "you are going to find a way to use the 2nd te this time"

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Frederick was Jerry not gingerfuck, Garrett wanted Eifert and got Escobar as a consolation prize. There was even a report that Jerry had said ok to Escobust with the caveat "you are going to find a way to use the 2nd te this time"

Exactly. Garrett was supposedly pissed they didn't take Eifert. And I haven't seen anything to suggest he pushed for Martin either. That appears to have been a scout/bpa pick.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Exactly. Garrett was supposedly pissed they didn't take Eifert. And I haven't seen anything to suggest he pushed for Martin either. That appears to have been a scout/bpa pick.
Booze mentioned this before, but they've been getting the 1st round right lately. Not that that is a big deal as I think it should be expected.

They proceed to buttfuck themselves in the 2nd round, rebound and do well again in the 3rd round (when they don't trade the pick away), then get distracted hunting for UDFA signings while throwing darts at the back pages of a Street & Smith's guide for their actual picks from the 4th round onwards.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
All this blood in the water and no Schmitty...
Its a good thing. He would just Smitty this up about nobody better than the trained robot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom