Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I just don't see how that's most likely even though he had limited touches he showed some ability.

He has very good feet, some burst and vision, not a top tier back but not a scrub either.
I feel the opposite. He hasn't demonstrated that he can be consistent or handle a bigger share of the load without giving us diminishing returns. Until he shows it I think it stands to reason he is not a full time back.

townsend

Banned
I feel the opposite. He hasn't demonstrated that he can be consistent or handle a bigger share of the load without giving us diminishing returns. Until he shows it I think it stands to reason he is not a full time back.
Don't you think that high level of NFL production in a limited role is at least comparable to production in the NCAA? I feel like we should at least feel as good about Randle as we would a 2nd round draft pick.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Randal will do okay as long as they keep a relief system in place. He isn't a strong durable runner.

p1_

DCC 4Life
That's why I say once we get to say the midpoint of the season, he should have 100+ carries. We will know what we have at that point.

Genghis Khan

Don't you think that high level of NFL production in a limited role is at least comparable to production in the NCAA? I feel like we should at least feel as good about Randle as we would a 2nd round draft pick.
I don't. No.

Jiggyfly

Banned
But that still does not answer the question of why he most likely will suck.

I understand the doubt of him being a full time back. but not the idea of him sucking which you said was the most likely conclusion.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I understand the doubt of him being a full time back. but not the idea of him sucking which you said was the most likely conclusion.
I don't get why some are down on Randal' potential. He was a good back in college and what little he has been able to do in the pros has been positive. He isn't a strong durable back but he carried the ball with a full load in college.

Genghis Khan

That's actually the answer exactly. He's not a full time back, so the more he gets used he will give you diminishing returns. That's been his basic pattern so far and I doubt it'll change once he starts facing run defense fronts and gets keyed on a little.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't get why some are down on Randal' potential. He was a good back in college and what little he has been able to do in the pros has been positive. He isn't a strong durable back but he carried the ball with a full load in college.
Ran-dle.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That's actually the answer exactly. He's not a full time back, so the more he gets used he will give you diminishing returns. That's been his basic pattern so far and I doubt it'll change once he starts facing run defense fronts and gets keyed on a little.
How has that been a pattern?

He has never gotten a consistent amount of carries behind this line.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Provided he is not fired mid-season, Garrett will become the Cowboys' second-longest tenured HC this season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any RB who averages 6.7 ypc is probably going to give you diminishing returns. It's a fact of life for basically all RBs. Even Murray's averages dropped the more he was used.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Any RB who averages 6.7 ypc is probably going to give you diminishing returns. It's a fact of life for basically all RBs. Even Murray's averages dropped the more he was used.
Randle was used quite a lot his sophomore and junior year in college and still maintained almost 6 ypc. If he averages 4.5 that will be pretty good in my book.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Randle was used quite a lot his sophomore and junior year in college and still maintained almost 6 ypc. If he averages 4.5 that will be pretty good in my book.
If he averages 4.5 YPC while having the majority of the workload I'm perfectly happy with that. Especially if he doesn't fumble the ball in the process. Of course I'd rather see him up at 5.0 or more but not many backs do that while going over 1000 yards.

D

Deuce

Ypc means jack when you're a spread RB. Every defensive formation and play call is set up to stop the pass. There's a constant advantage for them.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones recently acknowledged the possibility of extending CBBrandon Carr‘s contract at some point.
“We’re always visiting there,” Jones said, via Todd Archer of ESPN Dallas. “Ben Dogra represents him and I have a good relationship with Ben, so we’ll continue to see if there’s something that might work so that Brandon can be here for the next two, three, four years — get something that’s good for both sides. But if it doesn’t, we’re all ready to go.”
Earlier in the offseason, there was quite a bit of talk that the Cowboys could make Carr a post-June 1 release, and take the cap saving. However, that date has come and gone and it appears as though the Cowboys are at least weighing the possibility of him remaining with the team for another few years.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Ypc means jack when you're a spread RB. Every defensive formation and play call is set up to stop the pass. There's a constant advantage for them.
That's a convenient comment. By those standards every back on a spread offense should average 6 ypc by default. We both know that doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom