Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carp

DCC 4Life

:skurred

D

Deuce

Rant will finally get his wish.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I actually like Antonio Cromartie. A really good and productive corner. He is 30 though, so I hope we aren't looking at any significant money. Cutting Carr and signing Cromartie would be cool with me.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Cromartie would be nice, but is he willing to take a significant pay decrease from what he's used to?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cromartie would be nice, but is he willing to take a significant pay decrease from what he's used to?
Seeing what other corners are getting I don't know how that is possible. Unless he drowned a baby or something on video.

Carp

DCC 4Life

Carp

DCC 4Life
Cutting Carr and signing Cromartie would offer no savings...it would cost us money. Linked to Patrick Robinson too.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Chargers, Raiders

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cutting Carr and signing Cromartie would offer no savings...it would cost us money. Linked to Patrick Robinson too.
Depends on what the deal is. Carr has 3 years and 27 million still due on his contract. So if the new guy costs less then that you're saving money. If you're worried about the cap in just this year I'd say WGAS? Move money from future caps via Romo to make room.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Depends on what the deal is. Carr has 3 years and 27 million still due on his contract. So if the new guy costs less then that you're saving money. If you're worried about the cap in just this year I'd say WGAS? Move money from future caps via Romo to make room.
If we cut Carr we take a cap hit...so it is hit cap hit and whatever we pay the new guy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we cut Carr we take a cap hit...so it is hit cap hit and whatever we pay the new guy.
Yeah, but you save 27 million against this years cap and future caps. The "cap hit" is just money from future years being accelerated into this year. So you balance that back out via Romo. In that type of a situation it's not a bad thing at all to do. All you're really doing is putting that accelerated money back where it is right now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Philly needs a RB, but I doubt they'd pay Murray just a few days after trading away McCoy for making similar money.

They almost signed Gore. That's the range they are interested in.
I don't think Chip Kelly really values the RB position. I think he kind of views it is an easy position to fill in his offense. I can't see him spending money or a top pick there.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I think Philly would comfortable drafting a RB on day 2 and signing a mid-level back.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:towel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom