Archer: Zack Martin's center snaps to affect Cowboys' game-day roster

Jiggyfly

Banned
How are we working our ass off to find a swing tackle?

Letting Weems flop around with crap like Wetzel and Dill as competition?
It is a head scratcher that neither Martin or Collins has gotten any snaps at tackle.

Would not surprise me to see a veteran brought in before the season starts, at least Weems will get plenty of reps against starter quality players to prove himself.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is a head scratcher that neither Martin or Collins has gotten any snaps at tackle.

Would not surprise me to see a veteran brought in before the season starts, at least Weems will get plenty of reps against starter quality players to prove himself.
Yeah, veteran swing guys are always plentiful at cuts. It is just that easy and stuff.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm good with whoever thinking what I'm saying is the wrong idea, uniformed, stupid...~gasp~...retarded...~gsap~...or whatever. But at least make sure I said it or meant what you thought I did.

My point was that I don't think I know shit about shit compared to these guys, yet you assholes are 100% iron clad that they are idiots and you are right. On a message board that sounds OK. Especially to people who have spent so much time here that they think it is real life.

We have the smartest group of FANS on the planet. But you goobers are stills fans.

Does that make you wrong? Not really.

Does that make the team's staff right? Not really.

I never said that. I never said opinions are stupid either. This is FAN forum. Opinions are really the point and the fun of it.

In the real world folks just laugh at this stuff though. That is the part that is so damn funny. You guys can't even see that. You actually believe that you are real experts. :lol

Step away from the keyboard for a sec and get some perspective. Did you realize that the most sbk thing to ever happen here is when the dude really started believing his own hype? That is sorta what is happening here. People are deeply offended because someone brought up the fact that they might be full of shit. If that isn't a clue that you believe your own expertise I don't know what is.

So lets clear the record here:

I'm not an expert. I don't know more than you. Never thought I did.

You are not an expert. You guys are just nerds on the computer. Does that make you mad? Do you feel disrespected because someone doesn't see you as a football expert?

Does that mean we shouldn't bitch and cry every day about Jerry, the dumbass coaches or whatever? Not at all. Knock yourself out. For Pete's sake, please don't get all up in arms if someone questions your God given talent evaluation (even though you've never actually evaluated a player). Damn, people. We are all just fans.

Am I the only one that finds this extremely funny?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Trying our damnedest to find a swing tackle might include one or both of two players who were elite college talents at the position.

We are not even doing that.

They might have assembled a fantastic OL, but they are casting roles for the available talent that might not be the most prudent.

Weems is the swing tackle, no question, if the season started today.

That means he starts if there is an injury.

Neither Martin or Collins would have had any pro exposure. What exactly is the harm in experimenting with either, even a little?

Nope. We will have none of that.
Probably because they never considered your brilliant idea. Nobody that works for the team has ever thought of that. The dumbasses!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Still not seeing the point to you starting this little tirade. Talking about what your team is doing or not doing is the epitome of questioning the coaching staff/FO and their brilliance or lack thereof. So, applying that logic means you take away 90% of a board's traffic. It makes no sense, whatsoever.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm gonna go watch a movie. This is dumb.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I honestly don't know why either has been tried there. Maybe because Martin was the first person in 45 years to make the pro bowl as a rookie for the team? At G.

I like the idea of having a swing T. That is the ideal situation. Good thing we have options if that doesn't work out.

I honestly can't get all worked up over my position on it. I don't know how it will work out. All I know is that somebody is gonna look like an idiot at some point over the deal. I'd love to see Collins take over at G before the season is up. That would be badass in my mind. I'd love to run it up everyones ass. We don't really have a RB, so that probably won't happen this season.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Still not seeing the point to you starting this little tirade. Talking about what your team is doing or not doing is the epitome of questioning the coaching staff/FO and their brilliance or lack thereof. So, applying that logic means you take away 90% of a board's traffic. It makes no sense, whatsoever.
I'm gonna have to assume that you are missing some part of your brain that allows you to understand someone.

Did you read the part where I said that discussing it is the fun of it? That part just didn't compute, eh? Here at the DCC we even encourage discussing things. You're gonna have to help me understand how and why you came to that conclusion.

What I said was that you guys believe you're experts. lol

When I mentioned you weren't it was like, "ohhhh you are so self-righteous!!!" haha ok then. lesson learned...don't question the great minds here...people get really mad if you do...

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm gonna have to assume that you are missing some part of your brain that allows you to understand someone.

Did you read the part where I said that discussing it is the fun of it? That part just didn't compute, eh? Here at the DCC we even encourage discussing things. You're gonna have to help me understand how and why you came to that conclusion.

What I said was that you guys believe you're experts. lol

When I mentioned you weren't it was like, "ohhhh you are so self-righteous!!!" haha ok then. lesson learned...don't question the great minds here...people get really mad if you do...
Really again with this?

Yeah there are some touchy posters on here who feel themselves to much.

That's why you just :laff

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Dammit don't agree with me, jigg. You aren't helping my case.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Why are you going on this tirade?!!! It is a message board. I thought you encourage discussion?

What you should have said was - why are you saying what you are saying? I don't like it because it doesn't go along with what makes me feel good.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hug it out.

Cotton

Staff member
Why are you going on this tirade?!!! It is a message board. I thought you encourage discussion?

What you should have said was - why are you saying what you are saying? I don't like it because it doesn't go along with what makes me feel good.
Why are you going on this tirade doesn't equal what are you saying?

You really must be bored, because this is idiotic.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm assuming what skid means is everyone that posts an opinion is automatically considering themselves right in their opinion and better than the coaches opinion. No one on this board thinks they should be a coach in this league, but by golly, we have an opinion on what the coaches and FO do.

This doesn't make us better or smarter than the FO and coaches we have in place. It only makes us opinionated. How that comes off as arrogant and self-absorbed is beyond me. We just have opinions. I can't remember a single person saying that he thinks he could be a better coach/talent evaluator/ FO person than what we have in place. We just have a bunch of posters that have watched this team and football for years and know a little bit about the game and want to talk about what they know. Of course we aren't experts in this. Who is on these msg boards? The point is, we just express opinion. But, to respond to someone's opinion with some "you think you're an expert?!?!?!" is stupid. No one on here claims that. We just have an opinion. It's that damn simple.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I can't remember a single person saying that he thinks he could be a better coach/talent evaluator/ FO person than what we have in place.
Yeah, I call bullshit on this. I've seen numerous people state that they think most of the posters on this board could field a better defense, call a better game, draft better, etc...

Top Bottom