Archer: Upon Further Review - Cowboys Week 10

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I expected more leadership from Witten.
I would agree there.

It pains me to say something bad about the all-timer, but after all this losing, I would've expected more from him as far as leadership goes.

If anyone on this team should be fed up with the losing, it should be him. Instead, he appears to have become a zombie just like the others.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
No, fuck it...I tell ya why I don't like Witten.....its because on 3rd and 9 Romo will throw a pass at 7 yards and Witten will gain a whole 1/2 yard more before he's tackled.

Fuck them both.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I tell you what route I wish would just be thrown out of the playbook.

I am so damn sick of watching us throw the half-yard out to Witten on 3rd and 7 or longer.

FUCK.THAT.ROUTE.

I don't care what you have Witten do from here on out. He can block, he run a go route.....hell, you can have him acting like Leslie Nielsen in the Naked Gun during the umpire scene just to cause a distraction....I don't care.

Just stop running that worthless route because stupid ass Romo always throws it to him. You might as well punt on 3rd down if you're gonna run that shit.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I am fine with that, but you can't overhaul an entire offense in one offseason. What we should have done was churn guys lime Dunbar and Tanner...instead they are still on the roster with no chance at ever being a legit threat here or somewhere else..
I actually think Dunbar could be productive as a pass catcher out of the backfield, but we neither throw to our backs nor do we run screens, so that pretty much makes him irrelevant.

superpunk

Banned
I would agree there.

It pains me to say something bad about the all-timer, but after all this losing, I would've expected more from him as far as leadership goes.

If anyone on this team should be fed up with the losing, it should be him. Instead, he appears to have become a zombie just like the others.
fuck that noise

was it Tony G's fault for not leading the Chiefs to more? He's a damn TE (one of the best ever) what do you want? It might be time to move on from these guys but you can't hate on what they did while they were here. We wasted some of their best years on Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
fuck that noise

was it Tony G's fault for not leading the Chiefs to more? He's a damn TE (one of the best ever) what do you want? It might be time to move on from these guys but you can't hate on what they did while they were here. We wasted some of their best years on Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett.
I agree we wasted his career along with Ware's, but from a leadership standpoint, neither one of them ever stepped up to the plate.

You won't find a bigger fan of Witten than me, but them's the facts.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I actually think Dunbar could be productive as a pass catcher out of the backfield, but we neither throw to our backs nor do we run screens, so that pretty much makes him irrelevant.
He is not someone that should have a foothold on the roster though...there has been very little competition at RB.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He is not someone that should have a foothold on the roster though...there has been very little competition at RB.
That I would agree with, but he is just one of many over the years who should not have been gifted a spot.

We overvalue our players to a fault, even the average ones and nobodies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Correct.

Maybe we could be getting more out of him, but he's an undrafted Free Agent. His inability to get on the field may be just as much due to his own limitations.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That I would agree with, but he is just one of many over the years who should not have been gifted a spot.

We overvalue our players to a fault, even the average ones and nobodies.
I don't know that he was gifted a spot; there isn't really anyone better on the roster or in training camp that could have replaced him in that role.

We just aren't very talented, that an undrafted FA is our best scat-back option.

Carp

DCC 4Life
FWIW Randle did good out ofnthe backfield when given a chance.

Passing on Lacy still irks me too.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I've learned you can shout this to the Heavens and nothing happens no matter how successful they are when they try this. Jason Garrett just doesn't believe in it and Jerry Jones loves him some Jason Garrett.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't know if Garrett doesn't believe in it or if he's too obtuse to look past his own nose.

Top Bottom