Archer: Should Cowboys lock up Tyrone Crawford now or later?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Crawford started since game 3 and took the job, where are you getting this end of the year stuff from?

The fact that you think Crawford is a starter by default is comical he was the 13th ranked DT in all of the NFL last year.

And let's just ignore the fact that he was injured 1 of those 1st 2 years when considering what he did.
Fair enough, but nothing I said was false. Just trying to Devil's Advocate in this case, I really like Crawford and admire how well he performed coming off an Achilles injury.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Fair enough, but nothing I said was false. Just trying to Devil's Advocate in this case, I really like Crawford and admire how well he performed coming off an Achilles injury.
No biggie, I think he breaks out big time but I am not ready to pay him top 19 DT money.

Jiggyfly

Banned
nobody said just in Dallas. Guys are resigned early at a discount league wide all the time. Philly did it pretty systematically before Kelly got there.
This is not about resigning early but resigning early at very team friendly deals like Scandrick did.

That does not happen often.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This is not about resigning early but resigning early at very team friendly deals like Scandrick did.

That does not happen often.
Yes, we are talking early at team friendly deals. It happens plenty. why do you think I referenced the Eagles as an example? They used to do it all the time. It was their m.o.

both sides benefit and both sides have risk in early team friendly deals. Its a thing really it is.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is the important point. Crawford should be willing to sign for less now then he will after this up coming season. How much less we can all debate until we are blue in the face but anyone with common sense should know Crawford would rather have a new deal now then to wait an extra year. There is a value to that and that value translates into a cheaper contract.

There is some gamble to the early contract for the Cowboys as well but I think it's worth it with Crawford. If I was going to pick a surprise probowl player on this roster it would probably be Crawford.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yes, we are talking early at team friendly deals. It happens plenty. why do you think I referenced the Eagles as an example? They used to do it all the time. It was their m.o.

both sides benefit and both sides have risk in early team friendly deals. Its a thing really it is.
Both sides don't benefit it's why Scandrick has been back to the table twice.

Anyway agree to disagree.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Here is the important point. Crawford should be willing to sign for less now then he will after this up coming season. How much less we can all debate until we are blue in the face but anyone with common sense should know Crawford would rather have a new deal now then to wait an extra year. There is a value to that and that value translates into a cheaper contract.

There is some gamble to the early contract for the Cowboys as well but I think it's worth it with Crawford. If I was going to pick a surprise probowl player on this roster it would probably be Crawford.
Then why do any players wait till free agency?

All the good ones are offered team friendly deal before they hit the market, the majority wait or get the market rate.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then why do any players wait till free agency?
It's why most great players never hit free agency. The reason why some do is because both sides can't always agree on what market value is and what the proper discount should be.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's why most great players never hit free agency. The reason why some do is because both sides can't always agree on what market value is and what the proper discount should be.
That's most common and how New Orleans lost La'Roi Glover and Dallas DeMarcus Ware.

Also...
- Player loses competition with perceived greater player (San Diego loses Drew Brees)
- Player and Team hate each other (San Fran loses Terrell Owens)
- Team cuts Player for non-football reasons (Philadelphia loses Terrell Owens)

Top Bottom