Archer: OTAs could mark Doug Free deadline

Lotuseater

Banned
yeah, i suppose. Lee has waaayyyy too much upside to just postpone signing him due to injury concerns. Mid season, when he has 3 picks and 50-odd tackles, that price goes up. Bryants will be likely going up too, and with his position he commands more dollars, so I could see the sense in signing him first. Denying Lee anything solely on injury concerns is completely idiotic.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
lol at your passive aggressive Jerry support.
You got me. Can't slip anything past you. I was totally sticking up for Jerry.

Please accept my apologies. Your fashion critique was spot on fabulous.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
You got me. Can't slip anything past you. I was totally sticking up for Jerry.

Please accept my apologies. Your fashion critique was spot on fabulous.
Because I'm sure you've never said someone looks dorky based on how they are dressed. We can only hope to all one day a real man like you. :lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:towel

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Jerry looks like a dork.

If thinking that makes me "gay", then consider me Elton John.

~fires up Rocketman on iPhone~

:towel

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
yeah, i suppose. Lee has waaayyyy too much upside to just postpone signing him due to injury concerns. Mid season, when he has 3 picks and 50-odd tackles, that price goes up. Bryants will be likely going up too, and with his position he commands more dollars, so I could see the sense in signing him first. Denying Lee anything solely on injury concerns is completely idiotic.
Its a legit concern when the guy is injured as much as he is. I like Lee a lot. I just have concerns giving him a big payday when we can't even sign what we need now.

Lotuseater

Banned
Its a legit concern when the guy is injured as much as he is. I like Lee a lot. I just have concerns giving him a big payday when we can't even sign what we need now.
I see where your coming from, but you cut some other dudes if you have to so you can keep a Sean Lee. He had a freak turf toe injury. When does that shit ever happen?

Now you'll say, "well, its always something with a brittle player...." or something similar, to which ill say its still WAY too early to label him a brittle player.

Now if he gets hurt this year........?

If he or Murray catch a major injury again this year, I may be ready to move on if I manage to survive it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Because I'm sure you've never said someone looks dorky based on how they are dressed. We can only hope to all one day a real man like you. :lol
You're arguing with a fellow who never quit wearing jorts.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I see where your coming from, but you cut some other dudes if you have to so you can keep a Sean Lee. He had a freak turf toe injury. When does that shit ever happen?

Now you'll say, "well, its always something with a brittle player...." or something similar, to which ill say its still WAY too early to label him a brittle player.

Now if he gets hurt this year........?

If he or Murray catch a major injury again this year, I may be ready to move on if I manage to survive it.
It isn't a "freak" turf toe injury.

Lee is a favorite for many of us, but that shouldn't leave you blind to the facts.

He tore his ACL in college, and in his 3 years in Dallas, he has missed time with a hamstring injury, he hurt his shoulder, dislocated his wrist, and now the toe.

Does it automatically mean he's brittle? No, but it does show a history of injuries and for that very reason, the team would be wise to take a wait and see approach with him.

Lotuseater

Banned
It isn't a "freak" turf toe injury.

Lee is a favorite for many of us, but that shouldn't leave you blind to the facts.

He tore his ACL in college, and in his 3 years in Dallas, he has missed time with a hamstring injury, he hurt his shoulder, dislocated his wrist, and now the toe.

Does it automatically mean he's brittle? No, but it does show a history of injuries and for that very reason, the team would be wise to take a wait and see approach with him.

But what they'll do is move to a 4-3 alignment to better protect him and Carter, among other reasons, and sign Lee to a long term deal, for better or worse.

That's reality, right or wrong.

D

Deuce

Isn't that the injury that basically ended Deion's career?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It was turf toe or gotmymoneyfromjerryitis

Top Bottom