Archer: Micah Pellerin excited for Cowboys call up

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Micah Pellerin excited for Cowboys call up

November, 1, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- To say Dallas Cowboys cornerback Micah Pellerin is excited for Sunday’s game against the Minnesota Vikings is an understatement.

In a 14-word sentence, he used the word “excited” five times.

The Cowboys will call up Pellerin from the practice squad officially on Saturday. They will need to create a roster spot for him, which could be placing guard Brian Waters on season-ending injured reserve. :mad

The Cowboys needed Pellerin because Morris Claiborne will miss Sunday’s game against the Vikings with a hamstring injury and is expected to be out until the Nov. 17 bye. With Pellerin, the Cowboys will have four cornerbacks on the game-day roster with Brandon Carr, Orlando Scandrick and B.W. Webb.

Pellerin joined the Cowboys’ practice squad last season for the final three weeks.

“To be really good you just have to be using the techniques and making them work for you,” Pellerin said. “So you can grade yourself (in practice) like you would in a game and also going against Dez Bryant, that’s really good practice. I know it’s not going to get much harder than that.”

Pellerin will be the fourth practice squad player to get called up in as many weeks, joining Cameron Lawrence, Jason Vega and Jakar Hamilton.

The timing could not have been better for Pellerin. He just finished paying a $15,750 fine for a hit in a preseason game against the Arizona Cardinals based off his $6,000-a-week salary. He will make $480,000 this season, or roughly $23,823 per week before taxes.

“A little universal justice or something like that,” Pellerin said. “I don’t know what they call it ... I was thinking about flipping burgers on the side but I didn’t have the time.”

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Fortunately this upcoming game should not require so many CB's. New Orleans though... :skurred

Top Bottom