Archer - Jason Witten: 'Silly' to think anybody can do what Murray did

Carp

DCC 4Life
You park a high mileage car for a year, when you come back It's still a high mileage car and one year older.
So there is no benefit from him not playing for a year healthwise?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Good grief...he played in 1 game and it is labeled a struggle? A game they won 34-6.
I don't know why I thought he had a TD. He was very hit or miss, but I'm probably thinking of another game.

I think he'd look great for us for a time but would be worn out by years end. I also think for the salary he'll ask we might as well keep Murray.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't know why I thought he had a TD. He was very hit or miss, but I'm probably thinking of another game.

I think he'd look great for us for a time but would be worn out by years end. I also think for the salary he'll ask we might as well keep Murray.
I don't think he is in a position to demand a big salary...if he did, then I don't want him. I am thinking 3 tops for him. I'd like another back as well, but we definitely have to get other backs carries if he comes onboard. Keep in mind though, in his career he has never had a workhorse year like Murray just did.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So there is no benefit from him not playing for a year healthwise?
Sure there is but by the 6th or 7th game that benefit is gone and he is back to wearing thin.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Another thing. Petersen has fumbled 31 times in 7 seasons. Murray has fumbled 11 times in 4 seasons.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I am thinking 3 tops for him. I'd like another back as well, but we definitely have to get other backs carries if he comes onboard.
That would be a stone cold lock. Supplement with Gordon in the first or Duke Johnson in the 2nd/3rd or Gurley in the 4th. The combo would be sick.

Then, fuck it, sign Suh.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Another thing. Petersen has fumbled 31 times in 7 seasons. Murray has fumbled 11 times in 4 seasons.
Peterson is an alltimer...you are just trying to find issues now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You park a high mileage car for a year, when you come back It's still a high mileage car and one year older.
Murray sure got a lot of mileage put on him this year.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Peterson is an alltimer...you are just trying to find issues now.
The issues are already evident. Petersen has more wear and tear than Murray and Murray has proven he can carry the ball as effectively. It seems to me you are not willing to accept that. I didnt have to go digging around to know this information it is on the record.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
In 2012 AP averaged 6 YPC, had nearly 2100 yards and lost 2 fumbles. 2013 he dropped to 4.5 YPC, had only 279 carries and lost 3 fumbles. Last year was a throw out year. I'd still give him a 2 year deal for 5-7 and draft someone rather than pay Murray 7 + for 4 or more years.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
In 2012 AP averaged 6 YPC, had nearly 2100 yards and lost 2 fumbles. 2013 he dropped to 4.5 YPC, had only 279 carries and lost 3 fumbles. Last year was a throw out year. I'd still give him a 2 year deal for 5-7 and draft someone rather than pay Murray 7 + for 4 or more years.
I intially was for making a contractual offer but i think the only way to find out if Murray can be consistent and shake the injury label is to franchise him and let the outcome dictate what you do with him in the future.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The issues are already evident. Petersen has more wear and tear than Murray and Murray has proven he can carry the ball as effectively. It seems to me you are not willing to accept that. I didnt have to go digging around to know this information it is on the record.
Oh I know he has wear and tear...easy to see. Just as easy to see you saying he had 6 or 7 times more wear on him is very much an exaggeration.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Absolutely, Peterson really had some fumbling issues.
Everyone labels Murray as a fumbler. He is no worse than Petersen in fact a little better edge goes to Murray.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Everyone labels Murray as a fumbler. He is no worse than Petersen in fact a little better edge goes to Murray.
Everyone does not...you don't have to exaggerate every time to make a point.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You need to lighten up Carp. You saying EVERYTHING I post is an exaggeration is also an exaggeration on your part.

Top Bottom