Archer: How Brock Osweiler could influence Cowboys' QB decision

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would anger me immensely if we spent more than a fifth round choice on him.
This is what really scares me. I could see the Cowboys falling in love with a dork like that and take him in the second or third round and then turn around and try to sell it to the fan base as our QB of the future. And using that as their rational for passing up the elite prospects like Goff, Wentz and Lynch. By passing on a QB in the first it's like they will feel the need to panic and take a QB like Prescott rounds hiigher then they should just to make sure they get him.

Then again I thought we would panic about a RB last year and we didn't so who knows.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't mind Prescott in the 4th or later but taking him in the 2nd or 3rd would be a complete joke.

I just can't understand how these idiots could think that taking a guy like Prescott at the top of the 2nd or 3rd is less risky than taking Wentz or Goff at 4. It's like they think they are avoiding risk and bust potential just because they aren't taking a QB with a "top 5 pick", it's completely idiotic.

Taking a raw, marginal prospect like Prescott with a premium pick (basically a late 1st or late 2nd in terms of our 2nd/3rd round picks) and passing up a guy like Vernon Butler, William Jackson, so on and so forth is much more risky than taking guys who are legitimate top 10 prospects at 4.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I wouldn't mind Prescott in the 4th or later but taking him in the 2nd or 3rd would be a complete joke.

I just can't understand how these idiots could think that taking a guy like Prescott at the top of the 2nd or 3rd is less risky than taking Wentz or Goff at 4. It's like they think they are avoiding risk and bust potential just because they aren't taking a QB with a "top 5 pick", it's completely idiotic.

Taking a raw, marginal prospect like Prescott with a premium pick (basically a late 1st or late 2nd in terms of our 2nd/3rd round picks) and passing up a guy like Vernon Butler, William Jackson, so on and so forth is much more risky than taking guys who are legitimate top 10 prospects at 4.
I cannot see anyway Dallas should take a project QB with Romo being as brittle as he seems to be. If you get a QB then get one that has the potential to be your starter.

Top Bottom