Archer: Henry Melton would trade sacks for wins

townsend

Banned
Sign Dez to a long deal, cut Sean Lee and hand his contract to McClain. Let Melton walk. Let Murray walk.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sign Dez to a long deal, cut Sean Lee and hand his contract to McClain. Let Melton walk. Let Murray walk.
Unless something goes really wrong, I don't think there is any way I let Melton walk.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I loved what I saw of him. He was stiff against the run and got some pressure on the QB...not sure how you missed that.
Not sure what people expected. He played okay for a guy that missed most of camp and all of the preseason.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not sure what people expected. He played okay for a guy that missed most of camp and all of the preseason.
He was right there for two pressures and held up in the run game. He definitely has a look of a piece for the eventual, hopefully, DL rebuild.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I loved what I saw of him. He was stiff against the run and got some pressure on the QB...not sure how you missed that.
I feel like I saw more of him in the first half.

Not gonna hold anything against him in his first NFL game. Thought he showed up better than I would have expected.

D

Deuce

It's not a big number it's 9 mil guaranteed next season but the cap hit gets prorated over the 3 years of the contract. It means his cap hit next year would be like 3 mil.
I looked up the contract and it says his base would be $9M next year and $7M the following years.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I looked up the contract and it says his base would be $9M next year and $7M the following years.
Yeah, he would get 9 mil but that isn't the cap hit. It's a 3 year extension and the 9 mil gets spread over the life of the contract because it is guaranteed which is essentially the same as a signing bonus. The bigger concern would be the two years after next year where he'd count right around 10-11 mil for both years. If he is an elite DT for those years then he is worth that money.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
I don't think we can just cut Lee after this year given his contract, and if we're keeping McClain, Lee is an ideal fit for the Will LB spot (plus, he should have a better shot at staying healthy there). Melton has been a beast the past few weeks, and if he continues to produce at a high level we need to bring him back since a disruptive 3-technique is one of the most important pieces for our defensive scheme.

Dez should be franchised if he won't agree to a reasonable deal. He's not Calvin Johnson, and his contract shouldn't be in the Megatron range.

I agree on letting Murray walk at this point, he's fumbling way too much and a lot of his success is due to the OL. Don't get me wrong, Murray is running well, but RBs in this league just aren't valuable enough to pay big bucks, and with the numbers that Murray is putting up in this offense, he'll be looking to get paid. I'd draft an RB in the 3rd or 4th.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I don't think we can just cut Lee after this year given his contract, and if we're keeping McClain, Lee is an ideal fit for the Will LB spot (plus, he should have a better shot at staying healthy there). Melton has been a beast the past few weeks, and if he continues to produce at a high level we need to bring him back since a disruptive 3-technique is one of the most important pieces for our defensive scheme.

Dez should be franchised if he won't agree to a reasonable deal. He's not Calvin Johnson, and his contract shouldn't be in the Megatron range.

I agree on letting Murray walk at this point, he's fumbling way too much and a lot of his success is due to the OL. Don't get me wrong, Murray is running well, but RBs in this league just aren't valuable enough to pay big bucks, and with the numbers that Murray is putting up in this offense, he'll be looking to get paid. I'd draft an RB in the 3rd or 4th.
This is a plan I can get behind.

Top Bottom