Archer: Garrett - No decision to be made on Brandon Carr

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm good with our LBs...I think we can find a lower tier FA and be fine if we can bring back McClain. Hitchens is really playing well and Smith is decent.
I'd love McClain to keep doing what he did this season and for Lee to come back healthy, but unfortunately I don't think that's realistic to rely on as our sole solution.

Dallas was going to draft Bobby Wagner had they not traded away their 2nd to move up and take Claiborne. How good would he have looked in the lineup now?

I'm dead-set on a LB, but very open to improving that position.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If Carr would do a Doug Free deal and take a big pay cut to stay, I'd consider keeping him around.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think we might need to shake up our DB coaching. Having Church, Carr, and Claiborne regress drastically from 2012 makes me feel like we're having some serious issues there.
I said when we changed defenses that we needed a Tampa 2 coach (like Ron Meeks) to coach the seconday because Henderson didn't know the scheme and he came from a man-coverage defense. [MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION] said he was a great coach and he'd be fine.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yea, I agree. I want to slowly rebuild the CB corps with mid-round picks and lower tier FA signings over the next two offseasons. Hopefully Claiborne can give us a half decent year next season but he'll obviously be gone in 2016. In the meantime I'd like to sign a few bandaids and rebuild long term with mid-round guys in the next 2 drafts.

And as an aside, I have the perfect guy for you, he's just not eligible yet. Will Likely, true sophomore at Maryland, he'll fall when he comes out because he's only about 5-8 but he's tough, strong tackler, great ball skills, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 6 picks, two of which were returned for TD's, and 14 pass deflections this year. He's also one of the best punt returners in the Big 10.

Basically exactly what we're going to want out of a CB.
Do they even pass the ball in that old man comference?

Top Bottom