Archer: Five Wonders - Henry Melton's status

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Did i just not advocate for bringing Free back.:dunce
Settle down. It was a joke because I know you have supported Parnell in the past.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Doug Free is not going to ask for a ridiculous amount of money. We need to bring him back. Leary, although hes been fantastic, is the spot on the line we can gamble with.

If bringing back Murray means we screw around with Dez, I am 100% against it. It's just simple - a stud WR is 10x harder to find than a stud running back. Not saying Randle is the answer, but I'd much rather roll the dice on drafting a RB then try to bring a WR this year in the draft to be our #1. It is widely apparent Terrence Williams is nowhere near a #1 in the NFL. Hell I'm starting to guess if he's a #2, where the hell is he?

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Doug Free is not going to ask for a ridiculous amount of money. We need to bring him back. Leary, although hes been fantastic, is the spot on the line we can gamble with.

If bringing back Murray means we screw around with Dez, I am 100% against it. It's just simple - a stud WR is 10x harder to find than a stud running back. Not saying Randle is the answer, but I'd much rather roll the dice on drafting a RB then try to bring a WR this year in the draft to be our #1. It is widely apparent Terrence Williams is nowhere near a #1 in the NFL. Hell I'm starting to guess if he's a #2, where the hell is he?
Williams is still only a second year player. Even though there are a number of rookies this year putting up big numbers, the fact is that it usually takes WRs a few years to learn how to play in an NFL system. It wasn't until the 2nd half of his 3rd season that Dez really started to dominate. I'm worried about Williams and don't think he'll ever be a #1 WR, but I think he can be a very solid #2 if he improves his route running. Agree with you that we definitely need to keep Dez over Murray if it comes down to one or the other. Stud WRs are tough to find and develop, whereas RBs are a dime-a-dozen in this league and have a very short lifespan (especially when you consider the pounding Murray has taken this season, that has to have taken a lot of tread off of his tires).

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't think Romo has the arm to hit Williams when he gets open deep, and unfortunately we are still running a mostly vertical Coryell style offense.

Top Bottom