Archer: Dez Bryant not interested in history

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dez Bryant not interested in history
November, 24, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- It’s not often Dez Bryant is overshadowed by another receiver, but that’s what happened to him Sunday night with New York Giants rookie Odell Beckham Jr.

Beckham had perhaps the catch of the season with a one-handed, falling backward 43-yard touchdown grab in the second quarter that kept the MetLife Stadium crowd buzzing the entire night. He also finished with 10 catches for 146 yards and had a touchdown on New York’s first drive of the game.

But Bryant ended the night with the game-winning touchdown catch, a 13-yarder from Tony Romo with 1:01 to play in the Cowboys’ victory.

In doing so, Bryant reached 50 touchdown catches in 70 games, which is second quickest in team history (Hall of Famer Bob Hayes) and seventh fastest in NFL history.

“Thank you, but it doesn’t mean anything to me,” Bryant said. “Thanks for letting me know.”

Bryant tied Frank Clarke for fifth in the club’s all-time touchdown list. He has 10 touchdowns on the season, giving him double digits for the third straight year, tying Terrell Owens (2006-08) for the second longest streak in team history.

He finished the game with seven catches for 86 yards and the two scores.

But what about Beckham Jr.?

“The man’s a monster,” Bryant said. “You have to give it to him. He’s one of those guys who loves to play the game. You can tell. He jumps around. He wants to be out there and make a play. That catch? Outstanding. I was like, ‘Oof, some of my work.’”

Top Bottom