Archer: Deep pass-rush class could help Cowboys

Jiggyfly

Banned
A lot of experts don't even have Kendricks as their top MLBer prospect in the draft.

Shaq Thompson is basically the perfect WLBer in the defense we run. The guy has coverage ability close to that of a safety.

I actually like Kendricks better then the LBers a lot of people have above him (McKinney for example) but I think in terms of need and talent Thompson is a better fit for Dallas.
The fact that a lot of scouts think his best position is RB gives me huge pause especially as a 1st round pick.

This defense needs to many holes filled to tack a flyer on a guy like this who avoids contact when asked to take on blocks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The fact that a lot of scouts think his best position is RB gives me huge pause especially as a 1st round pick.

This defense needs to many holes filled to tack a flyer on a guy like this who avoids contact when asked to take on blocks.
I think it's a joke that anyone even mentions him as a RB. The guy is a tremendous athlete and is super quick twitch but it would be a huge waste to put him on offense. The fact that the guy is so talented he is capable of playing both sides of the ball is a positive if anything. It's like Deion being good enough to play WR.

Top Bottom