Archer: Curtis Martin sees some Emmitt Smith in Ezekiel Elliott

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You don't remember him lying on the carpet in Philly with them cheering? It's what ended his career.
Yes I just didn't remember him getting a neck injury with the Vikings.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I remember him getting injured in a playoff game with the Panthers. I am not sure if that was a neck injury. I thought it was. Then there is the obvious one in Philly. I read Townsends post to imply a neck injury with the Vikings.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yes I just didn't remember him getting a neck injury with the Vikings.
He was talking about Emmitt being a terror that night in the first half of the Vikings game. I was at that game in Minnesota. It was Walter Payton appreciation night, and Emmitt had dedicated the game to him. And was well on his way to challenging his single game rushing record, until he broke his hand late in the first half. 140 yards and 2 TDs. 17-0 at the half. Then, Aikman was also hurt in the 2nd half, and the Vikes came back to win that game.

It was also the game where a Viking DE punched Flozell Adams in the nuts. Clemons, I think. They showed it over and over on the big screen. I was surprised they'd keep showing it, considering it was one of their own players that was dirty.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You don't remember him lying on the carpet in Philly with them cheering? It's what ended his career.
I'll never forget that. That incident and that dickface Buddy Ryan is what really began my hate for the Eagles and their fans.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He was talking about Emmitt being a terror that night in the first half of the Vikings game. I was at that game in Minnesota. It was Walter Payton appreciation night, and Emmitt had dedicated the game to him. And was well on his way to breaking his single game rushing record, until he broke his hand late in the first half. Then, Aikman was also hurt in the 4th quarter, and the Vikes came back to win that game.

It was also the game where a Viking DE punched Flozell Adams in the nuts. Clemons, I think. They showed it over and over on the big screen. I was surprised they'd keep showing it, considering it was one of their own players that was dirty.
Okay. I guess I am skimming pages too quickly today.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He didn't remember that his name doesn't end with a "G" either.

:art

data

Forbes #1
Aside from the 1994 Championship Game loss, another "I wonder" wish I'd have is 1999 season if Irvin didn't get injured.

We finally got his complementary receiver in Ismail and were 3-0 going into Philly. Still got into the playoffs at 8-8.

Don't know if we would've won, but I sure would've liked to see a healthy-Irvin-team play the Greatest Show on Turf in the NFCC.

Relive your Eagles hatred at the 34:00 mark:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
God damn, I did not need to fucking see that again.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'll never forget that. That incident and that dickface Buddy Ryan is what really began my hate for the Eagles and their fans.
My existing hatred transformed into pity that day.

It was like those fans had nothing more to their lives than to laugh at an unconscious and possibly crippled man.

Since then I've mainly felt sorry for them.

Top Bottom