Archer: Cowboys waive Marvin Austin

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys waive Marvin Austin

November, 5, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- With a back injury that will keep him out at least a few weeks, the Dallas Cowboys waived/injured defensive tackle Marvin Austin.

Austin signed with the Cowboys on Oct. 21 and played against the Detroit Lions. He was scratched right before kickoff of last week’s game against the Minnesota Vikings after he was unable to finish Friday’s practice. Austin had an MRI on Monday.

The Cowboys have 52 players on the roster but are looking for defensive tackle help with only Jason Hatcher, Nick Hayden and Drake Nevis on the 53-man roster. Hatcher has had trouble with a stinger and Hayden has a back injury.

Since the beginning of training camp the defensive line has been hit by injury. Austin is just another in the line with Anthony Spencer, Jay Ratliff, Tyrone Crawford and Ben Bass among others.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Any strong opinions on what we've seen from the no-named DL? I love what I've seen out of Wynn, Everett Brown played like it was the last day of his life, and Selvie continues his miracle year. Nevis seems stout in the middle which I also like. Too bad for Austin, wouldn't mind giving him another look.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
I think if we ever get some real starters we'll be great on quality depth with a lot of these no-name guys. They've held up a lot better than I would have thought given most of them have come straight off the league's scrap heap.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
:lol

WTF.

God really does hate Jerry Jones.

Top Bottom