Archer: Cowboys reassured with Jason Garrett's return

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys reassured with Jason Garrett's return

December, 30, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – Unlike in Washington, D.C., Cleveland, Houston, Tampa Bay, Detroit and Minnesota, the Dallas Cowboys players know who will be their coach in 2014.

Owner and general manager Jerry Jones has chosen to remain with Jason Garrett after three straight .500 seasons that ended with the Cowboys losing their last game with the NFC East championship on the line.

“It’s very reassuring,” tight end Jason Witten said. “I think the guys in this locker room would do anything for Coach Garrett. We’re so fortunate to have him. You want to win for each other but you also want to win for a guy that pours everything into your football as a head coach and gives you every opportunity. Ultimately you understand it’s a bottom line business and you come up short, but that was great for me to hear and I think for our team to hear because he’s very well respected in this locker room and guys are all in for him as the head coach.”

Without quarterback Tony Romo and linebacker Sean Lee and with a defense that was beaten up throughout the season, the Cowboys came within 1:49 of winning the NFC East. Jones said last week on 105.3 The Fan that injuries would play a factor in any decision making regarding the coaching staff.

Rob Ryan did not get the same consideration last year with the Cowboys moving to the 4-3 and hiring Monte Kiffin.

The Cowboys had five losses by eight points.

“When you think about the things he brings to the team, him being a great leader to us, motivating us each and every week no matter what the circumstance is,” defensive end DeMarcus Ware said. “He has three seasons where, yeah, he’s been 8-8 and not been part of the NFC East championship, but that lets you know he is there. We do have opportunities, and we can’t forget that. He’s a great coach. I’m behind him 100 percent.”

----------------------------
They just showed the Jets locker room where the Jets owner stated he was keeping Ryan.

THAT is what team support looks like. Not this programmed idiotic shit from well-paid company men like Witten and Ware.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Rex deserves another year.

He took a team that was widely considered to be one of the 2 or 3 worst teams in football and got them to win 8 games.....with a QB stable consisting of Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez.

They beat the Patriots with this team.

Good for him.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Witten and co. cool with "good cop" Jason Garrett who chest-bumps his players. Shocking.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Witten and co. cool with "good cop" Jason Garrett who chest-bumps his players. Shocking.
I don't even have a problem with that annoying shaking thing with clenched teeth thing he does.

But do you ever, ever see him do it to someone not highly paid?

Ever see him do it to Harris after a great return? How about to Selvie after a good play?

Sorry, he's nothing but a disgusting extension of Jerry Jones. A fake robotic one at that.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Witten and Ware are happy with mediocrity. There's no other explanation. We desperately need a shitkicker, not a robotic "player's coach" who's about as inspiring as Adlai Stevenson.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Witten and Ware are happy with mediocrity. There's no other explanation. We desperately need a shitkicker, not a robotic "player's coach" who's about as inspiring as Adlai Stevenson.
Ware did say he was tired of it today at least.

Witten? Sunshine and fucking rainbows.

The more he associates himself with Garrett, the more respect I lose for him and he used to be one of my favorite players.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Ware did say he was tired of it today at least.

Witten? Sunshine and fucking rainbows.

The more he associates himself with Garrett, the more respect I lose for him and he used to be one of my favorite players.
I fucking hate his guts. I don't give a shit how many passes he catches because he's proven to be a willing stooge for the front office. This isn't the first time he's publicly endorsed Red or Jerry. Hell, it's practically his second job.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I fucking hate his guts. I don't give a shit how many passes he catches because he's proven to be a willing stooge for the front office. This isn't the first time he's publicly endorsed Red or Jerry. Hell, it's practically his second job.
Witten and Romo are company men. Period.

They have endorsed and actively supported Garrett's failures going way back to when Owens and Crayton were bitching.

I am not saying you want team leaders who are anarchists, but these two appear resigned to be losers, simply because they have a comfort level because they know Jones will take care of them until they retire.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That's exactly how I feel about Witten too.

I don't dislike the guy....not sure I ever could. But he went from being my favorite on the team to a guy I now view as part of the problem.

He's the guy who could hold the most weight in that locker room, and yet, when the go into funk whether it be during a season or during a game, he never does anything to try and rally the troops or a set a tone.

He's accepted being a loser along with the rest of the bitches.

Top Bottom