Archer: Cowboys pleased with Gavin Escobar

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
they are giving him the bobby carpenter treatment, saying good things out lout so jerry will hear and be pleased while groaning inside. if the carpenter debacle is anything to gauge by, we have a few years of escobar denial in front of us.
Given his draft status you have to give him more chances than you might otherwise give a player. But take that away and I think he'd struggle to make the team. He is at most our 4th best TE and even that may be a generous assessment.

I will say I think if Escobar bulks up next year he may become a solid blocker and I already think he's an ok receiver. The problem with that is that as a 2nd round pick you'd hope for better than a solid player, and 2nd he may never be better than what we already have in Hanna and 3rd he was drafted to help THIS year because of the stupid 12 personnel fetish and he looks like he will be limited this year.

He should make the team this year but I hope they don't force into playing time based on his draft status because looking at him right now, unless he is running a pass pattern he is hurting us and I wouldn't necessarily say that about a guy like Rosario and definitely wouldn't say it about Hanna.

Top Bottom