Archer: Cowboys' offensive line is a running back's wish come true

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
FYI the 3 years Emmitt won the Superbowl his YPC was 4.6, 5.3 and 4.7.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
People get so emotional over him. It's like people can't separate their feelings about him from their ability to judge what he was doing on the field.
So I guess stating the facts and your observations is tantamount to being "emotional".

If he was any good Dallas would have done whatever they could to keep him, stolen underwear or not. Jerry would have had bodyguards with him 24-7. Other teams would be bending over backwards to give him a "second chance".

I know it can be hard to admit a guy you thought was good really wasn't, and in fact getting him extended carries hurt more than helped the team. But go ahead and call out opposing viewpoints as "emotional".

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So I guess stating the facts and your observations is tantamount to being "emotional".

If he was any good Dallas would have done whatever they could to keep him, stolen underwear or not. Jerry would have had bodyguards with him 24-7. Other teams would be bending over backwards to give him a "second chance".

I know it can be hard to admit a guy you thought was good really wasn't, and in fact getting him extended carries hurt more than helped the team. But go ahead and call out opposing viewpoints as "emotional".
Disagree with this. After all the stuff he pulled and in addition displayed signs of mental instability almost constantly the organization pulled the plug on him. Just a few months earlier they were willing to release the rushing record holder for him. They saw something there . It was his weirdness and stupidity that changed minds. He just went too far.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Disagree with this. After all the stuff he pulled and in addition displayed signs of mental instability almost constantly the organization pulled the plug on him. Just a few months earlier they were willing to release the rushing record holder for him. They saw something there . It was his weirdness and stupidity that changed minds. He just went too far.
We've seen Jerry Jones sign and play troubled people repeatedly. Alonzo Spellman, Demetrius Underwood, and most recently Greg Hardy.

Hardy was let go because his 6 total sacks wasn't worth both the off-field issues and cost of double-digit millions. Believe me, had Hardy racked up 15 sacks Dallas would definitely have tried to keep him.

Randle lacked power, speed, and stamina in games. In the five games started last year he never once hit 100 yards, including nearly two games with Romo. He never hit 90.

McFadden hit 90+ 7 times.

It's not a coincidence.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We've seen Jerry Jones sign and play troubled people repeatedly. Alonzo Spellman, Demetrius Underwood, and most recently Greg Hardy.

Hardy was let go because his 6 total sacks wasn't worth both the off-field issues and cost of double-digit millions. Believe me, had Hardy racked up 15 sacks Dallas would definitely have tried to keep him.

Randle lacked power, speed, and stamina in games. In the five games started last year he never once hit 100 yards, including nearly two games with Romo. He never hit 90.

It's not a coincidence.
Ravi; Randle was never in a game long enough to see whether he could be an every down back or really test his stamina. As to his speed I think there is ample proof that he he enough speed to break some long runs. All there is for evidence is stats and video. Both display evidence that physically Randle was a compentant running back for the time he was used.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Oh geez... Randle never got a chance ....... Because he has a ten cent head. Its all part of the package and why Randle isn't in the NFL,

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Oh geez... Randle never got a chance ....... Because he has a ten cent head. Its all part of the package and why Randle isn't in the NFL,
He was a starter for what? Maybe 5 games. Not enough to judge his starting prowess.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He was a starter for what? Maybe 5 games. Not enough to judge his starting prowess.
It was his own damn fault. Can't be trusted.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah Randle was even worse then a 10 cent head, he turmed out to be batshit crazy. Like window licking messed up. No way he would make it being that crazy regardless of talent.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It was his own damn fault. Can't be trusted.
That's not what I am saying. It's obvious he can't be trusted. The point for me is he had the tools to be a proficient RB. He didn't have the head to go with it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Exactly right.

Genghis Khan

Ravi; Randle was never in a game long enough to see whether he could be an every down back or really test his stamina.

Not true. You can tell about running backs VERY quickly. You could tell with Randle. He wasn't good enough.

Genghis Khan

That's not what I am saying. It's obvious he can't be trusted. The point for me is he had the tools to be a proficient RB. He didn't have the head to go with it.
Randle has some physical talent, but not enough vision and not enough desire.

Genghis Khan

It's not a coincidence.

Your emotions are clouding your judgment. Stop making up facts and stuff. :lol

Genghis Khan

It's stunning to me that anyone is still hitching their wagon to defending Randle. Jesus Christ it's as bad as the Troy Hambrick defenders.

Dude. Can't. Play.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your emotions are clouding your judgment. Stop making up facts and stuff. :lol
Claiming someones opinions as fact doesn't actually make them fact. Especially with some made up scenario about Hardy. Which is exactly the point, pulling shit out of ones ass to try to make a point. Sort of like claiming Randle only had 3 good runs in the Falcons game. Which is not correct.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Claiming someones opinions as fact doesn't actually make them fact
It's opinion and fact, like I said earlier.

And what part of Randle's inability to run for 90 yards in all 5 of his starts was "made up"? How was it made up that McFadden ran over 90 yards seven times?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's opinion and fact, like I said earlier.

And what part of Randle's inability to run for 90 yards in all 5 of his starts was "made up"? How was it made up that McFadden ran over 90 yards seven times?
90 yards is arbitrary. What does McFadden have to do with Randle? Randle split carries. McFadden didn't. Notice how many 90 yard games Mcfadden had while Randle was splitting carries with him?

Again, people are too emotional to be rational on the subject of Randle. Not sure why but they are.

Top Bottom