Archer: Cowboys block Browns on Callahan

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't think Callahan is next in line for HC. If he was then he wouldn't be unhappy with the situation. If it's a matter of contract cut him loose for cosideration of foregoing his contract.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You assume he is unhappy but no one really knows that.

It's funny because if an NFL player gets beat out by someone else for his position no one thinks the team should just give the player away when he is still under contract. Yet when a coach loses his title of play caller suddenly it's a travesty that Dallas won't pay him to coach somewhere else. I'm sorry that I'm not shedding tears for a coach who will make a lot of money from Dallas next season simply because he lost the title of play caller.
I don't feel sorry for Face Twitch.

But fact of the matter is, if what Werder says is true, it is supremely fricked up.

You want a head coach who has loyalty.

Garrett was waiting to stab Phillips in the back for years. Finally, he did.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

It's funny because if an NFL player gets beat out by someone else for his position no one thinks the team should just give the player away when he is still under contract. Yet when a coach loses his title of play caller suddenly it's a travesty that Dallas won't pay him to coach somewhere else. I'm sorry that I'm not shedding tears for a coach who will make a lot of money from Dallas next season simply because he lost the title of play caller.
It was reported to ESPN that he would be unhappy if Linehan was hired. I'm not assuming. It's a horrible shot to whatever cohesiveness might be left in the locker room and coaches offices. Stupid to keep him around.

Cotton

Staff member

But fact of the matter is, if what Werder says is true, it is supremely fricked up.

It's amazingly asinine. Which makes it par for the course.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If that is true, then it is f'ed up. I don't know why the hell anyone would be concerned about an interim head coach though. I mean the whole point of an interim head coach is that your season is already lost anyway. Why would you care about someone who will be your head coach during a failure of a season? It's not like Werder mentioned Callahan as a long term head coach solution.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was reported to ESPN that he would be unhappy if Linehan was hired. I'm not assuming. It's a horrible shot to whatever cohesiveness might be left in the locker room and coaches offices. Stupid to keep him around.
You're assuming that Callahan will be a little bitch and basically crash as a coach because he doesn't get his way.

Cotton

Staff member
You're assuming that Callahan will be a little bitch and basically crash as a coach because he doesn't get his way.
It's a pretty safe bet that since he knows he's not wanted he is going to be ambivalent. Even with the idea that he could be interim, he would know he is just a placeholder. Who the hell would be productive or even a team guy in a situation like that? Hell, I wouldn't. Just let me go, and I will go find my own way. I don't need to stick around to be a lame duck.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Personally I think all this is media and fan imaginary gymnastics

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

Before there were any reports of Linehan being a consideration Broaddus mentioned on Talkin' Cowboys that Callahan was going to be very unhappy if stripped of playcalling duties. He's there at VR talking to people every day so I don't think it's a media fabrication or some sort of secret. Eatman used the word "dysfunctional" on the Break when talking about the whole situation with the coaching staff, especially with Linehan now in the fold. The whole situation has been seriously Jerried.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Before there were any reports of Linehan being a consideration Broaddus mentioned on Talkin' Cowboys that Callahan was going to be very unhappy if stripped of playcalling duties. He's there at VR talking to people every day so I don't think it's a media fabrication or some sort of secret. Eatman used the word "dysfunctional" on the Break when talking about the whole situation with the coaching staff, especially with Linehan now in the fold. The whole situation has been seriously Jerried.
You know it's completely screwed up when the guys who work for the team start criticizing what's going on.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Motherfucker.
Undermines the head coach as well. What, Monte Kiffin, Rod Marinelli, or Scott Linehan aren't qualified to be 6 or 8 game head coaches?

Bad idea if true.

If you're actually invested in trying to make Jason Garrett successful, anyway. If you're just biding time till the next crop of coaches next offseason, then WGAS.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I don't get the impression that Garrett ever sabotaged Wade.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Can't wait till we get the next stooge in here to try to clean up this mess.

Top Bottom