Archer: Carter's starting spot might not be secure

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So lets forget everything else he has done and cut a young guy because he struggled in coverage on possibly the worst defense in team history.

And while we are at it just discount he was the 2nd leading tackler on the team, only an idiot would consider him a waste.

I mean how exactly is he hurting the team who is he keeping on the bench if he is a waste does that mean he has no value whatsoever?
Carter clearly struggled with the responsibilities of this defense. If he can't handle the WOLB spot, what is he going to do?

Strongside has coverage responsibilities.

There is probably a reason why he was better as a RILB in a 3-4.

It did not require him to think a lot, nor was it a focal positions to the team's success.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So are you saying he has no place on this team?
If he can't elevate his game, not really.

Again, more on the scheme than him.

I just think this is not the right environment for him.

He needs a simple role, not one with a lot of responsibility.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So now Carter is a waste that should be released immediately?

You really need to tone down the hyperbole its getting hard to take you seriously about anything and you do have some good insights when you don't go to extremes.

Carter has been a disappointment, but he is an average starting LB who still has plenty of upside, hardly a waste.

I don't think I'd go as far as calling him a waste, but I wouldn't call him average either.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I agree that he shouldn't be cut, but only because our depth at the position sucks ass and we have injuries at the position. Otherwise, he would be gone. If a SLB can't cover I don't give a damn what his tackling stats look like.
He was the WLB so I don't think you have a clue what your talking about.

And are you actually saying Carter is not even good enough to keep for depth? See this is the type of stupidity that some people have about his overall play last year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He was the WLB so I don't think you have a clue what your talking about.

And are you actually saying Carter is not even good enough to keep for depth? See this is the type of stupidity that some people have about his overall play last year.
And with even less coverage responsibilities he was exposed even at the Will. Durant and Wilber can both play the Will much better than him, so his only other option is the Sam which even further exposes his weaknesses. If we weren't poor at the position because of the morons we have drafting, he wouldn't even be on this team anymore.

Jiggyfly

Banned
And with even less coverage responsibilities he was exposed even at the Will. Durant and Wilber can both play the Will much better than him, so his only other option is the Sam which even further exposes his weaknesses. If we weren't poor at the position because of the morons we have drafting, he wouldn't even be on this team anymore.
Wilber can play the will better than him?

How do you know this and have you ever seen Wilber in coverage?

If you actually believe any of this your a complete idiot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I think we have all seen with our own eyes how shitty Carter is in coverage.

He is not a smart player. And he has a long memory that affects him. He never got over getting anally violated by Woodhead and he played like shit all year.

Not speaking for Geng, but he has a better chance of being right than you do.

Carter doesn't get it and there is no magic light switch that he will turn on.

Not in this scheme anyways.

Cotton

Staff member

There aren't many LBer's I can think of that would be worse than Carter in coverage than him. Maybe it is just the scheme as booze suggests, but he is horrid at Will even in coverage, which has way less coverage responsibilities than the Sam. I would take Wilber over him without a blink, just as much because Wilber is much more nimble than Carter as much as anything else.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think we have all seen with our own eyes how shitty Carter is in coverage.

He is not a smart player. And he has a long memory that affects him. He never got over getting anally violated by Woodhead and he played like shit all year.

Not speaking for Geng, but he has a better chance of being right than you do.

Carter doesn't get it and there is no magic light switch that he will turn on.

Not in this scheme anyways.
I am not certain the story is complete with Carter and he did not play like like shit all of last year, just like I don't think Escobar is useless.

I know its become fashionable to pick a struggling player and just write him off as useless but sorry if I choose to look at the players overall body of work.

Last year Free and Berny were waste and should be cut and we see how that worked out, I think Carter will take that next step this year as well and if not he is still a valuable depth piece and very good special team player to keep around until his contract runs out.

To claim he has no value or is a waste is stupidity especially considering how much most complain about having no quality depth.

Jiggyfly

Banned
There aren't many LBer's I can think of that would be worse than Carter in coverage than him. Maybe it is just the scheme as booze suggests, but he is horrid at Will even in coverage, which has way less coverage responsibilities than the Sam. I would take Wilber over him without a blink, just as much because Wilber is much more nimble than Carter as much as anything else.
You have lost all credibility if you think Wilber is more nimble than Carter. just stop you are embarrassing yourself.:lol

Cotton

Staff member
You have lost all credibility if you think Wilber is more nimble than Carter. just stop you are embarrassing yourself.:lol
Okay.

Cotton

Staff member
It's also kinda funny to me when someone calls someone else an idiot while misspelling a word.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Possibly the least demanding starting 22 position in the NFL.

Unfortunately for Dallas depth is so bad at LB they have to carry this waste.
It's not least demanding from a health standpoint. You nearly have to keep a platoon of 3-4 ILBs to make it through the season.

IMO, the least demanding position is 3-4 DE. You can do jack and shit and not even try to make a play and never command a double team like Marcus Spears and as long as you aren't knocked on your ass you have a job for long enough to get to an NFL pension.

hstour

Brand New Member
For me Carter is neither the answer or a waste. He's a lot like Claiborne and that's on the bubble.

Either raise your level of play this year or look for another team to play for.

p1_

DCC 4Life
For me Carter is neither the answer or a waste. He's a lot like Claiborne and that's on the bubble.

Either raise your level of play this year or look for another team to play for.
But Claiborne has the unfortunate distinction of being a living reminder of Jerry's wet dream/second coming of Deion and the draft lunacy
it took to get him here.

Top Bottom