Archer: Brandon Carr impressed with Byron Jones

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Brandon Carr impressed with Byron Jones

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas -- When the Dallas Cowboys took Byron Jones in the first round of the NFL draft, many assumed it was to replace Brandon Carr.

Carr doesn’t see it that way.

"I'm all about mentoring guys," said Carr, who is entering his eighth season in the NFL and fourth with the Cowboys. "I'm all about competition. I'm all about guys getting better each and every day. He's a young guy. He has a lot to learn. I feel like I can add some teaching lessons to him as well. But he's a guy with tremendous athletic ability. Now he's got to translate that to Sundays and go out there and play fast."

The Cowboys would like to figure out a way to keep Carr but not have him count $12.7 million against the cap this year. Releasing Carr does not make the Cowboys better, especially with the uncertain health of Morris Claiborne. The Cowboys and cornerback Orlando Scandrick are hopeful of reaching an agreement on a new deal as early as this week.

Carr is planning on being a Cowboy and planning on helping Jones.

"He's a sponge right now," Carr said. "Rookies come in with a clean slate. They come in humble. They come in ready to learn, ready to go out there and compete. That’s all you can ask for. He's a guy that works hard. He does his best each and every day and tries to get better each and every day."

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I dont want Brandon Carr talking to Byron Jones. The way he helped Morris Claiborne be the worst corner ever, I'd prefer they become enemies

Top Bottom