Archer: A look at the Cowboys' free agents

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What is the right price for Hatcher though?

He seems pretty bitter that he didn't get an extension so I'd guess he's not going to settle just to come back. He'll go to the highest bidder.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm fine with him leaving...I really like the way he played, but his age is a concern. Even more concerning is trying to find at least 3 DTs in the offseason...one to replace him and the crap we rolled out there. I like Hayden and he can stick as a run stuffing rotation guy, but we need basically two starters there now. Maybe we can get Melton on the cheap...I don't know. Hageman is a guy I like for sure.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Bailey is the only guy who should be resigned with a quickness.

Will be interesting to see if Spencer gets any play in FA.

Pretty sure Hatcher will get a 3-4 year deal somewhere, but at 32 hopefully it isn't in Dallas.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He seems pretty bitter that he didn't get an extension so I'd guess he's not going to settle just to come back. He'll go to the highest bidder.
He already said no hometown discounts. Its highest bidder. See you later. I don't want anything to do with him. 32 and finally stayed somewhat healthy for the first time in his career.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm fine with him leaving...I really like the way he played, but his age is a concern. Even more concerning is trying to find at least 3 DTs in the offseason...one to replace him and the crap we rolled out there. I like Hayden and he can stick as a run stuffing rotation guy, but we need basically two starters there now. Maybe we can get Melton on the cheap...I don't know. Hageman is a guy I like for sure.
It'd be relatively easy for a team ran by non-retards.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hell I feel like Hatcher disappeared for about 5 games down the stretch. I'm not in a hurry to bring him back.
EFF him. He does jack and shit until this year and he wants to be paid?

Hit the road.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I also wouldn't mind bringing back Jairus Wynn for extremely cheap obviously, he's not bad as your 8th or 9th DL.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It'd be relatively easy for a team ran by non-retards.
I don't think so...we are in a bad place now in terms of the DT position. We don't even have one player to build depth off of there. Not sure many could fix that in one offseason.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't think so...we are in a bad place now in terms of the DT position. We don't even have one player to build depth off of there. Not sure many could fix that in one offseason.
Carolina had one of the worst DT situations in the league last year, went out and devoted resources to the position and now they have one of the best defenses in the league. If we devote the proper resources we will be fine, but we won't.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Fair point, but that is the exception, not the rule.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Carolina had one of the worst DT situations in the league last year, went out and devoted resources to the position and now they have one of the best defenses in the league. If we devote the proper resources we will be fine, but we won't.
Yeah they drafted two of my favorite DT's in the draft. It's a perfect example of why you can't continue to waste picks on TEs in the second round. Someone like Kawann Short would have been great for this team in the second.

asklesko

Whoa An Active DCCer
i'd keep hatcher. he always looked passionate when the camera was on him.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Franchise teh Hatch for a year or two if we can afford it.

Better than going out and blowing a lot years and money on some douche who turns out to be as good as Brandon Carr.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
That is definitely full retard especially when Ware is the guy who has already come out and said he's willing to take a paycut, not a restructure, a straight up paycut.
When did he say that? I thought he said the exact opposite unless he changed his tune the past few days.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
When did he say that? I thought he said the exact opposite unless he changed his tune the past few days.
Right after the game he would do anything to help the team pay-wise, but then backtracked the next day and said he meant restructure not paycut.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think initially he made it sound as if he would be willing to take a pay cut then the following day he clarified his comments saying that he wouldn't take a pay cut but he'd be willing to restructure his deal to help the team.

Cotton

Staff member
I think initially he made it sound as if he would be willing to take a pay cut then the following day he clarified his comments saying that he wouldn't take a pay cut but he'd be willing to restructure his deal to help the team.
The timestamp is strong in this one.

Cotton

Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
and it seems Ware isn't wasting anytime planning stuff to do during the playoffs

Cotton

Staff member
You'd figure he would already have had something lined up. :unsure

Top Bottom