Archer: A look at Rod Marinelli's scheme

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yes, the GM should select the players.
Then if he does and you don't think he can select the right ones , it is all academic. My statement was that there was nothing wrong with the defensive schemes last year. I stand by that and I really don't know where you are going with the rest of it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Then if he does and you don't think he can select the right ones , it is all academic. My statement was that there was nothing wrong with the defensive schemes last year. I stand by that and I really don't know where you are going with the rest of it.
You seem to stand behind Jones a lot. I was agreeing with you that we don't have the right players, or we have chronically injured players. I was just extending that to include blame where it lies.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
The whole staff: Kiffin, Marinelli, Linehan, Callahan and their redhead zombie leader will probably be purged after the season so it makes no difference what scheme they run.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You seem to stand behind Jones a lot. I was agreeing with you that we don't have the right players, or we have chronically injured players. I was just extending that to include blame where it lies.
Who the hell said anything about Jones. Is that where you are trying to go? I am not going there because he isn't part of what I said. Find someone else to vent with about Jones.

Cotton

Staff member
Who the hell said anything about Jones. Is that where you are trying to go? I am not going there because he isn't part of what I said. Find someone else to vent with about Jones.
You are saying we don't have the right players. The reason we don't is because Jones sucks at evaluating talent. It's a natural conversation progression to go from "doesn't matter what scheme we run, we don't have the right players" to "No doubt, and guess whose fault that is".

If we don't have the right players, then who do you think is to blame? Marinelli and Kiffin? Yeah, I don't think so.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
ROWR

I am guessing there was a shortage of prunes someplace.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You are saying we don't have the right players. The reason we don't is because Jones sucks at evaluating talent. It's a natural conversation progression to go from "doesn't matter what scheme we run, we don't have the right players" to "No doubt, and guess whose fault that is".

If we don't have the right players, then who do you think is to blame? Marinelli and Kiffin? Yeah, I don't think so.
You are the only one who is trying to shift the conversation to blaming someone. Everyone on this site knows Jones is an incompetent GM and it doesn't have to be repeated every 10 minutes for my part. I was discussing schemes. If you want to discuss Jones the proceed.

Cotton

Staff member
You are the only one who is trying to shift the conversation to blaming someone. Everyone on this site knows Jones is an incompetent GM and it doesn't have to be repeated every 10 minutes for my part. I was discussing schemes. If you want to discuss Jones the proceed.
See if you can follow this... you said we don't have the right players. I agreed with you. How do you see that conversation progressing? The next legit question is why do we not have the right players. The answer is Jones. So, if you stand by your point that we don't have the right players, then it stands to reason you would agree the next part of that point is Jones sucks monkey nuts. And, yes, it has to be stated over and over or the convo would end with "dang it we suck" in most threads.

Sure, there are other things to blame for our suckage, but when it concerns what players we have on the team and whether they fit or not, there is only one person to blame.

Cotton

Staff member
I just don't like for someone to bait my by trying to put words in my mouth.
When did I try and put words in your mouth? Good lord, man.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
When did I try and put words in your mouth? Good lord, man.
This is what I am referring to. "You seem to stand behind Jones a lot." Where do you come up with that? That is putting words in my mouth.

Cotton

Staff member
This is what I am referring to. "You seem to stand behind Jones a lot." Where do you come up with that? That is putting words in my mouth.
It does seem like you stand behind him a lot. Anytime anyone brings him up you seem to try to deflect away from him or say "well that ain't changing so move on" as if he shouldn't be in the discussion.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It does seem like you stand behind him a lot. Anytime anyone brings him up you seem to try to deflect away from him or say "well that ain't changing so move on" as if he shouldn't be in the discussion.
That's how it seems? Okay but you will be hard pressed to make a case other than I am a realist and have faced up to the fact of the matter. I just don't see any point in rehashing the obvious. I have never stated that anyone should restrain themselves and move on.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I don't LT is defending Jones...I think he just takes the stance that nothing is going to change with Jones in charge, so lets focus on whats left.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't LT is defending Jones...I think he just takes the stance that nothing is going to change with Jones in charge, so lets focus on whats left.
Yeppers. That and hope. Then wait and see what happens.

Cotton

Staff member
You can't talk about what's wrong with this team without his name coming up a lot. So, suggesting not talking about him is just as futile.

Cotton

Staff member
Yep, and it sucks. Wait until Garrett is gone and the next poor fool fails, too. It will just get worse.

Carp

DCC 4Life
That's how it seems? Okay but you will be hard pressed to make a case other than I am a realist and have faced up to the fact of the matter. I just don't see any point in rehashing the obvious. I have never stated that anyone should restrain themselves and move on.
Tell him to quit being a bitch.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You can't talk about what's wrong with this team without his name coming up a lot. So, suggesting not talking about him is just as futile.
Haven't suggested anyone not talk about Jones. I said I don't need to rehash it . Folks can yak about him until their yakers wear out and I don't care but I have never suggested they shouldn't.

Top Bottom