Archer - 5 Wonders: Time to look at Bailey's contract?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
No way we let Bailey walk if he keeps up his performance of the last 2 years.
I don't think it's as automatic as you think. I definitely want him back but Jerry Jones places a very low value on kickers. His track record suggests that he thinks they are a dime a dozen.

The one time he spent a lot of money on a kicker (Vanderjagt) it blew up in his face.

Every since Jerry has owned the Cowboys we typically allow kickers to walk once their initial contract is up. But as I mentioned, hopefully they realize that in this league of parity, where most games are decided by fewer than 10 points, having a reliable kicker can be the difference between going 7-9 or 10-6.

dallen

Senior Tech
Bailey was out MVP last season

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Bailey is a restricted free agent after the season, so he isn't going anywhere. Put a first or second round tender on him, and there's almost no way another team would sign him to an offer sheet (which we could match anyway). I doubt a high tender is all that expensive for a kicker. And hell, I'd let him walk for a 1st or 2nd if someone wanted to sign him, for that matter.

Lotuseater

Banned
Bailey is a restricted free agent after the season, so he isn't going anywhere. Put a first or second round tender on him, and there's almost no way another team would sign him to an offer sheet (which we could match anyway). I doubt a high tender is all that expensive for a kicker. And hell, I'd let him walk for a 1st or 2nd if someone wanted to sign him, for that matter.
In a heartbeat, and I like Bailey a lot. If someone were that stupid, which they wouldn't be.

At the end of the day its still 50/50 or slightly better that the kicker makes it. Hard to pass up a first or second for that.

Top Bottom