Archer: 5 Wonders - Can Jason Hatcher play DE?

Carp

DCC 4Life
We still get little nuggets about how we might be able to flip Parnell in a trade...now they are grouping Bell in with him as a possible trade candidate.

Seems legit.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Since when is a LDE regarded as a primary speed rusher? There were two things...speed and length. Crawford has a little of both.

Lookit, I am not going to get involved with you in an argument involving a guy you don't like. You make up your mind and that's it.

We saw it with Stephen Bowen. BTW, he's still fine.
I think Crawford is a ton better than I ever thought Bowen was, but I don't see how Crawford has more burst than Ratliff. He's just not an edge rusher.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We still get little nuggets about how we might be able to flip Parnell in a trade...now they are grouping Bell in with him as a possible trade candidate.

Seems legit.
What idiot is floating that crap out there?

Carp

DCC 4Life
What idiot is floating that crap out there?
Archer...it's in the article thread you are posting in now.

It’s way too early to speculate on this subject since Demetress Bell is not in good enough shape to practice yet, but I wonder if the Cowboys could use their veteran depth as a potential trade bait. Now, this is all provided Bell plays well and a lot better than he did a year ago in Philadelphia. He or Jermey Parnell could be attractive to other teams as a potential need fit because of injuries and both come at decent prices. Parnell counts $1.35 million against the cap. Bell counts $555,000. I think the Bell signing was more to help the Cowboys get through training camp with quality enough backup play to make things a little easier for Kyle Orton, but in the back of my mind there’s a possibility here.[/COLOR]

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Straight off the official site. Everything I see about Ratliff is in the 300 pound range.
It's not his natural playing weight, so I guess we can expect this hamstring to linger and a more permanent injury when he finally plays again.

And you are stuck where a lot of people are concerning Ratliff...in 2009.
2009 is ancient history. I'd settle for the quick, aggressive guy we saw in Carolina and home against the Giants (right in between both ankle injuries). He's got lots to prove about staying healthy, but he still showed quickness and hustle. Besides this is all theoretical anyways, and in my theoretical example Ratliff is healthy :)

Shit...for years we have wanted Ratliff at DE in the 3-4 or a DT in a 4-3...now we want to put him at DE? F that.
This a "what if" discussion about who could be more qualified to play LDE with Spencer hurt and Crawford gone. Ratliff's ideal position (and Hatcher's too) is 3-technique DT, but they are two of the next best qualified at LDE after Crawford, mainly because of their pass rushing ability. Ratliff is quicker than Hatcher and in the past has been lighter.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I almost forgot about Albright...yeah, that might work.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I almost forgot about Albright...yeah, that might work.
I liked him when he made the team flashing some pass rush ability as a rookie, and he played DE in college. I also think 6'5" 260 is too big for a LB in this scheme.

Top Bottom