Anthony Spencer Resigns With Cowboys

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Anthony Spencer Resigns With Cowboys

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Man, I hope this doesn't mean we think we are okay on the line. With all of the DL prospects we have brought in I have hope, but you never know with Jerry.

D

Deuce

Man, I hope this doesn't mean we think we are okay on the line. With all of the DL prospects we have brought in I have hope, but you never know with Jerry.
Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it's weird that we would resign him now after getting a closer look at the DE's. Maybe just don't like any of the DE's that we consider to be in our range.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it's weird that we would resign him now after getting a closer look at the DE's. Maybe just don't like any of the DE's that we consider to be in our range.
It is only a one year deal.

I don't think there was a first round DE worth the pick at 16 anyways. If this keeps Kony Ealy out of our draft, I am happy with it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Especially since there is still doubt that he will even be ready in time for training camp.

D

Deuce

It is only a one year deal.

I don't think there was a first round DE worth the pick at 16 anyways. If this keeps Kony Ealy out of our draft, I am happy with it.
He's the insurance policy in case Crawford isn't healthy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He's the insurance policy in case Crawford isn't healthy.
Crawford is already working out and shouldn't have any problems. Spencer on the other hand might not be ready for camp itself.

cmd34

Brand New Member
LDE seems to be solid (decent?) with Spencer, Crawford, and Mincey. RDE is still a huge concern. I view Ealy as a LDE so I think this definitely takes him out of the running. Look like Booze and Booze Jr. won''t be getting their Ealy jerseys after all.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
now all we have to do is get Matt Johnson in game shape

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I doubt a one year deal has anybody thinking the Dline is set.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crawford is already working out and shouldn't have any problems. Spencer on the other hand might not be ready for camp itself.
I'll still be surprised if Spencer plays more then a few downs for us this year. Just watch, the dude will be on the pup list to start the season.

Hopefully Dee Ford is still a possibility...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't mind it. Especially only on a one year deal.I am still intrigued to see Spencer in this system.not much risk here and a potentially high reward.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't mind it. Especially only on a one year deal.I am still intrigued to see Spencer in this system.not much risk here and a potentially high reward.
It is basically zero risk unless we gave him a signing bonus. I still don't have much faith in him playing but I can't complain about the move either.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm ok with this and am actually kinda glad we brought him back. If, and it's a big if, he can get back to 100%, I think he'll be an excellent fit at 4-3 end.

Just as long as they don't view this as the DE position being solidified, I'm good.

Top Bottom