A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
2 billion dollars.
That's not the way things are. That's the way things Obama and the libs are trying to make it. If they hadn't fabricated this issue, there would be no stupid mandate, and there would be no withholding of funds.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's not the way things are. That's the way things Obama and the libs are trying to make it. If they hadn't fabricated this issue, there would be no stupid mandate, and there would be no withholding of funds.
Exactly

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think this is my most hated thread in DCC history.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The missing 10 minutes of DCC chatter between 12:27pm and 12:37pm.

We we have our own Watergate.

Btw, if Skid/Clay come out say abracadabra dipshit, whataburgers are on iamtdg.
Shipping whataburger to Missouri can't be that pricey

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Um. That is what I said you said.:shrug

I guess something is difficult to understand.
We got cross ways then. I do understand what the rule, not law, says, and I do not agree with it. Penises go to the little boys room, vaginas go to the little girls room.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think a 15 year old would be vulnerable to an adult making them do it. JMO.
Never mind 15, how about 9 or 6?

Its disgusting to see parents out there parading confused kids around as transgender, like they are able to have any clue about what that even means at that age. But if they are told over and over again by their parents, guess what they'll grow up thinking?

Child abuse in my book.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have no problem with it as long as there is no forced or subliminal mental programing going on. Let the child be what their own process directs them to be.

Cotton

Staff member
The missing 10 minutes of DCC chatter between 12:27pm and 12:37pm.

We we have our own Watergate.

Btw, if Skid/Clay come out say abracadabra dipshit, whataburgers are on iamtdg.
You will capitalize my fucking username, or this thread will go from terrible to really terrible.

Cotton

Staff member
Never mind 15, how about 9 or 6?

Its disgusting to see parents out there parading confused kids around as transgender, like they are able to have any clue about what that even means at that age. But if they are told over and over again by their parents, guess what they'll grow up thinking?

Child abuse in my book.
Canadian couple won’t reveal child’s gender

By Amy Graff on May 24, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Ever since the 1970s when Marlo Thomas and Friends introduced the idea of raising gender neutral kids in the Free to Be…You and Me record, parents have encouraged their boys to play with dolls and their girls to build with blocks.

A Toronto couple is taking this concept to a more controversial extreme by keeping the gender of their 4-month-old baby a secret. They have no plans to reveal whether their child named Storm is a boy or a girl. They say it will be up to Storm to deliver the news when he (or she) is old enough and ready.

A Canadian couple is keeping the gender of their 4-month-old baby under wraps. Are they helping or hurting their child?

The parents, Kathy Witterick, 38 and David Stocker, 39, hope to raise their child in a world that’s “unconstrained by social norms about males and females,” according to the Toronto Star. They want their child to freely grow into his (or her) own person and to find his (or her) true self unhindered by gender stereotypes.

Only a handful of people know whether baby Storm is a boy or a girl: the parents, of course; Storm’s brothers, Jazz, 5, and Kio, 2; a close family friend; and the two midwives who delivered Storm at home in a birthing tub.

You might assume Storm’s appearance would give the gender away but photographs posted on the Toronto Star depict a blonde-haired baby that looks no more like a boy than like a girl–there’s really no way of telling. The parents mix up the pronouns they use when referring to their child. They dress Storm in pink one day and blue the next, and often the baby is wearing gender-neutral colors like red. What’s more, Storm’s longhaired brothers are often wearing more girlish colors and they’re mistaken for females.

The parents alerted friends and family of their idea to keep Storm’s gender under wraps in an email: “We’ve decided not to share Storm’s sex for now — a tribute to freedom and choice in place of limitation, a stand up to what the world could become in Storm’s lifetime (a more progressive place? …).”

Their announcement was met with mixed reactions. The grandparents were slow to warm up to the idea. Many friends were supportive but a few were confused, even angered. Some feared that Storm would grow into a child who’s bullied by peers.

Reactions in the Internet world have been equally conflicted. Some criticize the parents for treating their child like a lab rat and others applaud their efforts to fight against societal pressures. Many point out studies indicating that male and girl behaviors are influenced by prenatal development, not only by societal pressures. They say boys will go after toys that are stereotypically male even if you push dolls on them.

Cotton

Staff member
Yanno, I started to completely rebuild this thread, but since it's in the Raw forum, fuck it.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Canadian couple won’t reveal child’s gender

By Amy Graff on May 24, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Ever since the 1970s when Marlo Thomas and Friends introduced the idea of raising gender neutral kids in the Free to Be…You and Me record, parents have encouraged their boys to play with dolls and their girls to build with blocks.

A Toronto couple is taking this concept to a more controversial extreme by keeping the gender of their 4-month-old baby a secret. They have no plans to reveal whether their child named Storm is a boy or a girl. They say it will be up to Storm to deliver the news when he (or she) is old enough and ready.

A Canadian couple is keeping the gender of their 4-month-old baby under wraps. Are they helping or hurting their child?

The parents, Kathy Witterick, 38 and David Stocker, 39, hope to raise their child in a world that’s “unconstrained by social norms about males and females,” according to the Toronto Star. They want their child to freely grow into his (or her) own person and to find his (or her) true self unhindered by gender stereotypes.

Only a handful of people know whether baby Storm is a boy or a girl: the parents, of course; Storm’s brothers, Jazz, 5, and Kio, 2; a close family friend; and the two midwives who delivered Storm at home in a birthing tub.

You might assume Storm’s appearance would give the gender away but photographs posted on the Toronto Star depict a blonde-haired baby that looks no more like a boy than like a girl–there’s really no way of telling. The parents mix up the pronouns they use when referring to their child. They dress Storm in pink one day and blue the next, and often the baby is wearing gender-neutral colors like red. What’s more, Storm’s longhaired brothers are often wearing more girlish colors and they’re mistaken for females.

The parents alerted friends and family of their idea to keep Storm’s gender under wraps in an email: “We’ve decided not to share Storm’s sex for now — a tribute to freedom and choice in place of limitation, a stand up to what the world could become in Storm’s lifetime (a more progressive place? …).”

Their announcement was met with mixed reactions. The grandparents were slow to warm up to the idea. Many friends were supportive but a few were confused, even angered. Some feared that Storm would grow into a child who’s bullied by peers.

Reactions in the Internet world have been equally conflicted. Some criticize the parents for treating their child like a lab rat and others applaud their efforts to fight against societal pressures. Many point out studies indicating that male and girl behaviors are influenced by prenatal development, not only by societal pressures. They say boys will go after toys that are stereotypically male even if you push dolls on them.
I'm guessing this kind of thing doesn't happen often, because I suspect 100% of cases make the news. It is all attention whoring.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am very curious to why this, of all issues, has generated the most heat in DCC. It's almost embarrassing.
To me the primary reason this topic has generated this kind of reaction is because to the normal and routine mindset it seems ridiculous to conceive that someone can simply make a declaration about themselves and expect the rest of the world to turn everything upside down to comply.

Top Bottom