A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
This got interesting. Just to play devils advocate, how are we to enforce Transgender men and women using the bathroom of the sex they were born in to. Pee Pee Check at the door? DNA tests?

I can tell you one thing, my children never went to a public restroom without my wife or I standing outside the door. It was how we rolled.
Me as well.

It can't be checked. It really can't be enforced on a wide scale but there is something to not letting this bs spread or get the slightest foothold.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is where I am with it. I fully understand people who are not comfortable with it. Personally I don't really care, but I get why it would bother a lot of, if not most, people. I believe it really is more about comfort than safety though. I don't see a strong case that the safety of women and children would be any more at risk in this situation than some creepy sex criminal in the proper bathroom or any other public place doing something inappropriate.
No I think you'd probably have more cases of 16 year old boys peeping through the cracks on a stall or something like that to see a girl peeing but I doubt it would somehow spike the number of rapes or anything like that. Which is why it really comes down to being comfortable. Just as the trans person in a dress doesn't want to pee in the bathroom next to guys.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think what is pissing off the pro crowd is that they cannot readily accept the government or anyone else telling them what the rules are and they must conform. Some things have a predetermined outcome and that's that. At hand is men have dicks and women have a vagina and as long as they do seperate facilities are preferred by the majority and that doesn't fit the pro crowds zest for complete and unabridged freedoms. With freedoms comes responsibility so act responsibly.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
This is where I am with it. I fully understand people who are not comfortable with it. Personally I don't really care, but I get why it would bother a lot of, if not most, people. I believe it really is more about comfort than safety though. I don't see a strong case that the safety of women and children would be any more at risk in this situation than some creepy sex criminal in the proper bathroom or any other public place doing something inappropriate.

Again, this is ALL about the freaks and creeps. Not about trans people. Jiggy tries to focus on making it seem like it's about bigotry or some stupid crap.

Just read towns post that make slight of and almost glorifies children being anally raped. That pretty much tells you how he thinking is. We've banned people for racism here but folks are afraid to be outraged about something that is 100 times more sick than that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This got interesting. Just to play devils advocate, how are we to enforce Transgender men and women using the bathroom of the sex they were born in to. Pee Pee Check at the door? DNA tests?
Someone would get away with it. And some would be recognized for many reasons. The idea of a law is to prevent it, meaning that most probably wouldn't take the risk that someone would recognize Gary who one day decided to start going by Gertrude going into the girls bathroom.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Just as the trans person in a dress doesn't want to pee in the bathroom next to guys.
That's a great point. There are what a couple hundred thousand trans people in the U.S.? And people want this law changed so they don't have to feel uncomfortable while using the restroom? Well, what about the millions of other people and their feeling uncomfortable in the same situation?

And one other question. I truly don't know. Would a trans guy just hike up his dress and piss in a urinal? Or wouldn't their inner woman tell them to use a stall. And if they're in a stall, they wouldn't be pissing next to a guy.

townsend

Banned
No I think you'd probably have more cases of 16 year old boys peeping through the cracks on a stall or something like that to see a girl peeing but I doubt it would somehow spike the number of rapes or anything like that. Which is why it really comes down to being comfortable. Just as the trans person in a dress doesn't want to pee in the bathroom next to guys.
this is why I don't think full gender integration would be a good idea. That kind of stuff would probably happen in that case. I very much doubt a teen boy, and all of the insecurity that implies, would be willing to pretend to be trans. So generally trusting people to act like their gender is the most reasonable and only kind of enforceable system.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think what is pissing off the pro crowd is that they cannot readily accept the government or anyone else telling them what the rules are and they must conform.
I personally usually prefer freedom. I just don't like special benefits for special people. Meaning it bothers me that some think a trans person should be able to pick whichever bathroom they want but refuse to say that everyone should be able to use whatever bathroom they want. If you let trans people use the bathroom of their choosing then I think you should let everyone do the same. But no one really seems to want to make that argument.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I very much doubt a teen boy, and all of the insecurity that implies, would be willing to pretend to be trans.
I don't. Because there is no test to determine if a person is trans or not. All a 16 year old boy has to do is say he identifies as a woman and then walk in the bathroom. All you're doing is creating the term "trans" as an easy excuse.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Again, this is ALL about the freaks and creeps. Not about trans people. Jiggy tries to focus on making it seem like it's about bigotry or some stupid crap.

Just read towns post that make slight of and almost glorifies children being anally raped. That pretty much tells you how he thinking is. We've banned people for racism here but folks are afraid to be outraged about something that is 100 times more sick than that.
The trans using the bathroom of their choice is a slippery slope for sure because of the potential of sexual predators, which has been pointed out. I don't blame people for pushing back hard against it. Not really my stance but I get it.

The creepy peeper/masturbator thing could be an issue from time to time. How much more than now I am not sure, but I would assume there will be an increase of those instances if perverts realize they can now enter whichever bathroom they choose with no consequences. That is difficult to dispute. The numbers will go up.

Kids getting anally raped or otherwise molested in the bathroom though? I don't know about that. Especially since parents should be standing outside of the door when their young children enter a restroom in a public place. Now if they are at, say, a park with some other kids and and parents aren't around they would be more at risk for something like that happening, but I think that happens now and it doesn't have anything to do with trans people or the restroom they use.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't. Because there is no test to determine if a person is trans or not. All a 16 year old boy has to do is say he identifies as a woman and then walk in the bathroom. All you're doing is creating the term "trans" as an easy excuse.
Correct. You don't have to dress like Ru Paul to be transgender. I've seen a whole lot of women wearing jeans and a sweatshirt.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ha! I honestly thought that I was responding to jiggy instead of towns. I honestly didn't even read the post or the poster.

Still, if you support his position then drive off a bridge.

Good day. :hattip
It's not my position it's the position of millions of people and Town's has said far more on this than me.

But I guess I am the only poster who can be an idiot about this.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The trans using the bathroom of their choice is a slippery slope for sure because of the potential of sexual predators, which has been pointed out. I don't blame people for pushing back hard against it. Not really my stance but I get it.

The creepy peeper/masturbator thing could be an issue from time to time. How much more than now I am not sure, but I would assume there will be an increase of those instances if perverts realize they can now enter whichever bathroom they choose with no consequences. That is difficult to dispute. The numbers will go up.

Kids getting anally raped or otherwise molested in the bathroom though? I don't know about that. Especially since parents should be standing outside of the door when their young children enter a restroom in a public place. Now if they are at, say, a park with some other kids and and parents aren't around they would be more at risk for something like that happening, but I think that happens now and it doesn't have anything to do with trans people or the restroom they use.
I get the part about parents watching. But lots of people just are educated, smart or aware. I'm not gonna just say oh well the parents shoulda watched better. I know that's not what you are saying but we aren't talking about making scary movies illegal and parental supervision. This is worth trying to overcome the stupidly of some parents for the sake kids.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Kids getting anally raped or otherwise molested in the bathroom though? I don't know about that.
That's just townsend's retarded attempt to over dramatize. Would I think my child is in danger of being anally raped in the couple minutes she's in the restroom? No. But I sure as hell don't want her to witness some demented bastard jerking off or trying to take pics/video of her, either. Even when I'm standing just outside the door.

townsend

Banned
That's a great point. There are what a couple hundred thousand trans people in the U.S.? And people want this law changed so they don't have to feel uncomfortable while using the restroom? Well, what about the millions of other people and their feeling uncomfortable in the same situation?

And one other question. I truly don't know. Would a trans guy just hike up his dress and piss in a urinal? Or wouldn't their inner woman tell them to use a stall. And if they're in a stall, they wouldn't be pissing next to a guy.
I don't think it's really about comfortability. As much as having society force you do identify as a different gender.

Science shows that in a lot of circumstances Trans people are people with the wrong bodies for their brains. So if you can imagine what it'd be like to have your consciousness transferred Freaky Friday style into a girls body, you'd probably want to still be yourself. Act like Nodak the oil man. You'd probably cut your hair short and wear baggy clothes, and act like one of the guys. That whole persona could and would be threatened by a society that says ovaries determine your gender.

So if you were able to make that hypothetical journey, you could possibly understand that having society effectively saying that trans people aren't the gender they claim to be, and that they're actually playing pretend, can shatter somebody's sense of self. Remember, half of trans people kill themselves. Being stuck in the wrong kind of body is a mind fuck I don't think most people could even perceive. The identity they have to cobble out of that is fragile.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Dickhead you where the one who equated Trans people to freaks.

As I have pointed out several times if you are that afraid just monitor your child in the bathroom .
The fact that you are trying to say nobody is concerned or outraged about children being molested is weak as hell, you are really flailing now.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It's not my position it's the position of millions of people and Town's has said far more on this than me.

But I guess I am the only poster who can be an idiot about this.
You have a proven track record of being willing to drive the car right off of a cliff to defend dumb positions or even make new ones up by twisting what is said. There probably is not a person in her that would defend you on that issue.

I'm going with temperary instant I when it comes to towns. His views are different than mine often but he very rarely has proven to be unreasonable. So yeah, the be idiot of doubt doesn't really apply to you. History does.

townsend

Banned
That's just townsend's retarded attempt to over dramatize. Would I think my child is in danger of being anally raped in the couple minutes she's in the restroom? No. But I sure as hell don't want her to witness some demented bastard jerking off or trying to take pics/video of her, either. Even when I'm standing just outside the door.
Except that that was Skid's whole point that he doesn't care what he has to do to save just one child from being molested.

Also there's no circumstance where jerking off or taking pictures isn't also a crime. What your proposing is still awfully ridiculous and proposes that someone who's already willing to take a bunch of risks to get his rocks off is still being held at bay by a gender law.

Also this hasn't ever happened not in any liberal ass progressive trans friendly city. No wolf in sheeps clothing has been found beating off in a Portland restroom, so why would it start happening when the red states start allowing it?

Top Bottom