A Football Life: Great Wall of Dallas

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
NFLN will be doing a football life segment next Tuesday on the offensive line of the 90's.

Should be a great watch.

Watching Erik Williams kick Reggie White's ass brought back good memories.

:cry

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Set the DVR already.

Can't wait.

And BTW...that line made Emmitt...not the other way around.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Set the DVR already.

Can't wait.

I don't think that's debatable.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I hope they talk about when Erik Williams took out Jerkovic's knee.

:towel

Cotton

Staff member
As an aside, I can't watch stuff like this. It serves to just depress me. I have every one of our SB wins on DVD and can't even watch them anymore.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As an aside, I can't watch stuff like this. It serves to just depress me. I have every one of our SB wins on DVD and can't even watch them anymore.
Feh. I recorded the Garrett Bowl Thanksgiving last night when it came on and I am watching it now.

Every now and again, you need to remind yourself what a great team looks like so you don't accept bullshit like we have now.

Yeah, I get that was a different, non-salary cap era...but not a one of those OLs were high priced free agents or high draft choices except for Stepnoski.

Cotton

Staff member
Feh. I recorded the Garrett Bowl Thanksgiving last night when it came on and I am watching it now.

Every now and again, you need to remind yourself what a great team looks like so you don't accept bullshit like we have now.

Yeah, I get that was a different, non-salary cap era...but not a one of those OLs were high priced free agents or high draft choices except for Stepnoski.
I just can't do it. I remember what a great team looks like. I don't need to be reminded.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I was at that game. It was a good comeback and Garrett set some kind of record but I can't recall what it was.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Set the DVR already.

Can't wait.

I'd say they both were lucky to have each other. That line didn't look so dominant when blocking for guys like Sherman Williams.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I'd say they both were lucky to have each other. That line didn't look so dominant when blocking for guys like Sherman Williams.
This. In his prime Emmitt was the most complete back in the league. Power, acceleration, vision, instincts. The only thing he was missing was top end speed.

Top Bottom