7th Round Pick: Jalen Brooks, WR, South Carolina

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
4.57 40, eh?

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I don't get this pick at all. I mean they had to have this guy? I see plenty of our UDFA signings with way more upside.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't get this pick at all. I mean they had to have this guy? I see plenty of our UDFA signings with way more upside.
They probably saw something when they went to work out the Carolina corners. I have no idea, but whatever.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
They saw that catch that reminded them of a certain lunatic three-lettered WR Jerry had a thing for.

Also, who marked that as "Potentially Sensitive Content?" A Georgia fan?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I like him. I thought his interview was impressive. Very composed for a guy that was just drafted but in the 7th so almost wasn't.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Have to admit, the first few minutes I was very unimpressed, but it seems like the next year he looked a lot better. Faster, especially.

Maybe not that bad a shot to take on a seventh rounder.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I would guess his potential is somewhere around Noah Brown to Pat Crayton. Maybe he's a special teams demon.

Stars

DCC 4Life
Some interesting highlights in that vid. They used him in a lot of reverses and hitch type stuff. He's a rangy, long-armed looking dude. Kinda resembles T.O. with that build and his body lean when he runs.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Some interesting highlights in that vid. They used him in a lot of reverses and hitch type stuff. He's a rangy, long-armed looking dude. Kinda resembles T.O. with that build and his body lean when he runs.
Thanks for trying to make me feel better about the pick.

It didn't work.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for trying to make me feel better about the pick.

It didn't work.
Cropper is my dark horse of any of these receivers to make the roster. I don't really feel good about the depth at WR on the roster right now but Cropper is impressive from what he did in college. Lots of opportunity here for someone to jump up and make the roster in my opinion.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
He took a “break”? That does not bode well. And now I hate him.
You shouldn’t hate the pick. According to my sons best friend-who is one of the QBs at USC (Luke Dody) this guy is an incredibly hard worker and consistently makes huge plays when you most need them. I’m anxious to see what he can do.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You shouldn’t hate the pick. According to my sons best friend-who is one of the QBs at USC (Luke Dody) this guy is an incredibly hard worker and consistently makes huge plays when you most need them. I’m anxious to see what he can do.
I will not respond to this request to not so secretly root for him.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Sure. But what do Jerry's grandkids think about him?

Top Bottom