6th Round Pick: Devin Harper, LB, Oklahoma State

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He plays to that athleticism. He's not just some workout kid.
I mean I don't hate drafting speed on defense. Better than getting some 4.8 LBer who is spinning every time a team runs outside. He should have a decent chance to make the roster competing against Gifford types at the bottom of the roster at LBer.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Harper may not work out, he was a sixth rounder after all. But his profile is what we need beside Parsons . Not perfect height but an athletic guy who can move. That's exactly what we don't have (except maybe Cox). The LVE and even Gifford slower thumper types struggle too much in space.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Good STer?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Good STer?
I think so. That'll be his path to the roster early, imo. Remains to be seen if he'll get snaps with the defense. Probably not for the first year or so.

Somebody mentioned in the draft thread that maybe he'll play a Kearse role. I could see this happening.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I haven't watched him closely but during the Oklahoma game I thought to myself, "this guy seems like he'd be a hell of a late round pick", and here we are.

Seems like a lock core ST'er who may turn into a decent rotational LB.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I haven't watched him closely but during the Oklahoma game I thought to myself, "this guy seems like he'd be a hell of a late round pick", and here we are.

Seems like a lock core ST'er who may turn into a decent rotational LB.
who were they playing ?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
ST to start, then convert to safety
Leave him where he's at. It's hard enough to expect a late round pick to flourish and make the team at their natural position they're already used to playing. If we want a safety, draft a damn safety.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Leave him where he's at. It's hard enough to expect a late round pick to flourish and make the team at their natural position they're already used to playing. If we want a safety, draft a damn safety.
Basically use them the same way they did Neal. LBish safety, or Safety-ish LB.

Top Bottom