5 Takes: Nick Harris DallasCowboys.com

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Tiny Dancer is a liability in pass protection, and hasn't impressed otherwise. He may have been a cute novelty in preseason, a good story, but that's about it. No serious team would have him on the active roster.

They need a RB who can pass block.
I have to agree. I was pumped when Dallas drafted him. I followed his career closely while he was at K-State and thought the Cowboys could get some elements of Sproles out of him.

So far he's been a bit of a disappointment. Could be just the way they're using him.

Versus the Jets they did a great job getting him the ball with space to operate and he looked good in that game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have to agree. I was pumped when Dallas drafted him. I followed his career closely while he was at K-State and thought the Cowboys could get some elements of Sproles out of him.

So far he's been a bit of a disappointment. Could be just the way they're using him.

Versus the Jets they did a great job getting him the ball with space to operate and he looked good in that game.
I think it is absolutely the way they are using him. Hell he isn't even really getting a chance until late game for the most part and it's when the defense knows you're just trying to run the clock. That doesn't really play into his skill set at all. Running him up the gut against an 8 man box isn't really what is going to showcase his talents.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think it is absolutely the way they are using him. Hell he isn't even really getting a chance until late game for the most part and it's when the defense knows you're just trying to run the clock. That doesn't really play into his skill set at all. Running him up the gut against an 8 man box isn't really what is going to showcase his talents.
If he absolutely can’t run vs an 8-man front, then his career will be over before it begins.

But I get what you mean, I think, the circumstances of his reps have skewed his stats sideways.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he absolutely can’t run vs an 8-man front, then his career will be over before it begins.

But I get what you mean, I think, the circumstances of his reps have skewed his stats sideways.
Yeah I'm not saying he can't do it. It's just not going to likely end up with any sort of real hole. I'd like to see him get some runs where it feels like he has some room to run.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I'm not saying he can't do it. It's just not going to likely end up with any sort of real hole. I'd like to see him get some runs where it feels like he has some room to run.
At this stage, they are still figuring how to use Turpin, so this might be painful to watch.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
At this stage, they are still figuring how to use Turpin, so this might be painful to watch.
Yeah, I mean as of right now he hasn't had a real role in the offense. But the injury to Dowdle may force it a bit. He is a rookie, I'm not pushing the panic button that he hasn't carved out a role yet. But if they don't eventually than they might as well just get a run of the mill RB to be a backup.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Turpin had a 46 yarder on the jet.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And a fumble
Yep.

And I think it's important to point that out. He's the only guy on the team that I can think of that seems to have a fumbling issue and he really needs to clean that up.

A 46 yard run is worthless if you fumble at the end of it. Might as well punt.

Top Bottom