2nd Round Pick: Luke Schoonmaker, TE, Michigan

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So, what you guys are saying is, even if he only gives what you're projecting above, he'll be the best 2nd rounder we've had in quite some time?

:fistpump

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So, what you guys are saying is, even if he only gives what you're projecting above, he'll be the best 2nd rounder we've had in quite some time?

:fistpump
Maybe, aside from the guy we drafted three years ago that's a top 5-10 CB in the league.

Awuzie is better too, and obviously Lawrence, so he could be a middle of the road guy in the round where we normally shit the bed.

Cool.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe, aside from the guy we drafted three years ago that's a top 5-10 CB in the league.

Awuzie is better too, and obviously Lawrence, so he could be a middle of the road guy in the round where we normally shit the bed.

Cool.
Sam Williams is going to be a beast...

But yeah Schoon I'm really hoping can become at least Schultz productive as a receiving TE but a much better blocker. That would be great. But yeah, we could have gone such a better route.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sam Williams is going to be a beast...

But yeah Schoon I'm really hoping can become at least Schultz productive as a receiving TE but a much better blocker. That would be great. But yeah, we could have gone such a better route.
Oh yea I forgot Williams, he'll be better of course, so yea maybe like our 5th best pick in the last 10 years, great.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I would be very surprised if he's not better than Schultz just as a receiving TE alone. Maybe not miles better, but definitely better.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Cool.
Jesus. So serious. It was a joke about people always complaining about us shitting the bed in the 2nd round. Relax a little.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I would be very surprised if he's not better than Schultz just as a receiving TE alone. Maybe not miles better, but definitely better.
I don't think it's a guarantee by any means, expecting him to put up 800-900 yards at any point is probably a big ask. I'm certainly hoping he can.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jesus. So serious. It was a joke about people always complaining about us shitting the bed in the 2nd round. Relax a little.
We are all on the edge, NoDick. It has been a tough day for us not birthing cows.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I’d feel way better about this draft in general if we had gotten Mayer or LaPorta in the second, even if it had to be a trade up.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I’d feel way better about this draft in general if we had gotten Mayer or LaPorta in the second, even if it had to be a trade up.
Yea the 2nd rounder is what dampens things, if you just replace that pick with Torrence and keep the rest of the class the same I think it's a home run.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What about Overshown
He's fine, might've been a slight reach but once you're starting to get towards the end of the 3rd the tiers start to get really muddy so I don't blame them for taking him there. If they had taken him in the 4th I would've felt like he was a steal, so it's whatever.

I think he has starter potential, he just has to be used in a very specific way.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
This is about the longest cut-up I've seen of him.

His route tree was very limited. Almost like watching the same plays over and over. Quick outs and short drags. Hopefully the scouting dept projects he's capable of much more.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The scouts think he's capable of threatening vertically up the seam, which theoretically makes sense with his size and straight line speed, but it just feels like a lazy pick because they wanted a safe bet at TE and he's it, and now they're trying to pump him up into more than he is.

He'll be a fine player but it's gonna be a god damn miracle if he ever becomes a Pro Bowl caliber player.

Top Bottom