2024 Solar Eclipse

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Looks like you guys in Dallas are in for a good show.... I'm surprised Jerry isn't going to open the dome and sell tickets.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Now Storms have popped up on the extended forecast. No need to come here now. gg no re k thx bai

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I found a website that simulates the eclipse based on your location, and it looks like we'll be getting about a 77% eclipse in my area of Georgia around 3 PM.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I found a website that simulates the eclipse based on your location, and it looks like we'll be getting about a 77% eclipse in my area of Georgia around 3 PM.
Link?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Even with 77% moon coverage it was still a ton a daylight in my little corner of the country. It got a little dim, like a soft white light bulb, but that was about it. The most notable thing was that it felt a lot cooler outside.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The fun part are the conspiracy theorists who thought it would be the end of days. And also, the now blinded.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The eclipse was one of the most phenomenal things I have ever experienced. I wasn’t all that enthused about it but after seeing the earth grow dark from normal daylight in a matter of seconds that is something I have never experienced. It was a real lesson on how dependent we are on the magnitude of the solar system we live in. When the darkness started I could actually feel the atmosphere grow colder in seconds. Then after a couple of minutes when the light came back the temperature rose again.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
The fun part are the conspiracy theorists who thought it would be the end of days. And also, the now blinded.

Heard on the radio the other day that one lady complained back in 2017 that her eyes hurt and when they looked at her retina it had a burn that was similar to what the eclipse would have looked like when she said she looked at it. Idiots.

I was in a Lowes parking lot yesterday at around 3:15 when we were just coming up on 80% coverage. Half the people out there were morons looking straight up at the sun, no glasses.

Top Bottom