2024 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'd trade back also.

But, and I'm speaking somewhat out my ass because I haven't watched much, but what about the DE from Mizzou.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
JPJ in that scenario

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This is how I just made a scenario (no trades):

TeamPlayer NamePositionSchool
Chicago BearsWilliams, Caleb*QBSouthern California
Washington CommandersDaniels, Jayden*QBLSU
New England PatriotsMaye, Drake*QBNorth Carolina
Arizona CardinalsHarrison, Marvin*WROhio State
Los Angeles ChargersAlt, Joe*OTNotre Dame
New York GiantsNabers, Malik*WRLSU
Tennessee TitansMurphy, Byron*DTTexas
Atlanta FalconsVerse, Jared*DEFlorida State
Chicago BearsTurner, Dallas*DEAlabama
New York JetsFuaga, Taliese*OTOregon State
Minnesota VikingsMcCarthy, J.J.QBMichigan
Denver BroncosBarton, GrahamCDuke
Las Vegas RaidersFashanu, Olu*OTPenn State
New Orleans SaintsLatham, J.C.*OTAlabama
Indianapolis ColtsBowers, Brock*TEGeorgia
Seattle SeahawksNewton, JerZahn*DTIllinois
Jacksonville JaguarsArnold, Terrion*CBAlabama
Cincinnati BengalsMims, Amarius*OTGeorgia
Los Angeles RamsLatu, Laiatu*DEUCLA
Pittsburgh SteelersOdunze, Rome*WRWashington
Miami DolphinsFautanu, Troy*OGWashington
Philadelphia EaglesMitchell, Quinyon*CBToledo
Minnesota VikingsRobinson, Chop*DEPenn State
Who are you picking?

I know I am bailing out for somebody who wants a QB.

We definitely need to bail regardless. I doubt anyone will be there that is a must have.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We definitely need to bail regardless. I doubt anyone will be there that is a must have.
We need another 3/4th round pick so badly that if the option is there to bail for an extra pick or two in this draft we really need to do it.

If no trade down options? I'm looking at Brian Thomas Jr. or JPJ.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We need another 3/4th round pick so badly that if the option is there to bail for an extra pick or two in this draft we really need to do it.

If no trade down options? I'm looking at Brian Thomas Jr. or JPJ.
Or Frazier. Or an end like Robinson.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or Frazier. Or an end like Robinson.
At 24 I wouldn't want Robinson. I just don't think a 5-7 sack a year DE is really what I want to be shooting for there. Useful player, don't get me wrong but not that high.

Frazier I want to say 24 is too high for him, but I don't think we would ever regret it either. JPJ's power is insane though. That dude is one powerful ass center. Frazier is pretty good too but he doesn't have the mean power of JPJ.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
At 24 I wouldn't want Robinson. I just don't think a 5-7 sack a year DE is really what I want to be shooting for there. Useful player, don't get me wrong but not that high.

Frazier I want to say 24 is too high for him, but I don't think we would ever regret it either. JPJ's power is insane though. That dude is one powerful ass center. Frazier is pretty good too but he doesn't have the mean power of JPJ.
Then you potentially wait another year needing an end. I am not hell bent on drafting an end at 24, but it is not the end of the world. We have Simple Sam and that is it once Lawrence goes away in 2025.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then you potentially wait another year needing an end. I am not hell bent on drafting an end at 24, but it is not the end of the world. We have Simple Sam and that is it once Lawrence goes away in 2025.
I'd wait a year. I don't love this DE class. I kind of like Kneeland but then I look at his production and think I'm just getting over excited about a full size dude who is athletic.

I want to like Darius Robinson but his athletic testing is too Taco like for me. I think he is a better player but he is more your, mediocre sack numbers but can start at DE and three technique that we have been drafting for years.

But waiting a year is fine. You can draft and start a rookie DE. I'm not taking one unless I'm blown away. So if you give me Latu I'll light candles at night praying about his neck but at least I can feel like talentwise he is a stud at 24.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Fuck that. If we take this guy over somebody like Mims, Guyton, or JPJ we are as stupid as you guys constantly claim we are.

He's a good DE. I doubt he'll ever be great. Brilliant idea to take with our first. Fucking brilliant.

• Props
Reactions: Rev

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fuck that. If we take this guy over somebody like Mims, Guyton, or JPJ we are as stupid as you guys constantly claim we are.

He's a good DE. I doubt he'll ever be great. Brilliant idea to take with our first. Fucking brilliant.
I don't see impact player. He isn't going to change the course of anything for this upcoming season anyway. I'd rather not. No offense to the player but just not what we should be looking for at 24.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't see impact player. He isn't going to change the course of anything for this upcoming season anyway. I'd rather not. No offense to the player but just not what we should be looking for at 24.
Don't get me wrong. I like the player. But we have WAAAAY bigger needs on the Oline that happen to coincide with players that will be there, and imo, be bigger difference makers than Robinson will.

Top Bottom