2024 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
For better or worse, let's do this.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Alright boys, this offseason has been shit and I barely even care about what happens next season, but that's not going to stop me from enjoying the draft. We're just about 30 hours from go-time, so in accordance with recent history that means it's time to put up a "short board" of sorts for the first based on who realistically will be there.

For the purposes of this let's assume the following are gone:

-Top 4 QB's
-Top 3 WR's (Brian Thomas Jr. is available) plus Bowers
-Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Fautanu, Latham
-Turner, Murphy, Verse
-Mitchell, Arnold

That's 18 names off the list, so I want to see a top 14 to take us to the end of round one.

For me I'm going:

1. Jackson Powers-Johnson
2. Graham Barton
3. Brian Thomas Jr.
4. Laiatu Latu
5. Amarius Mims
6. Tyler Guyton
7. Johnny Newton
8. Darius Robinson
9. Zach Frazier
10. Jordan Morgan
11. Adonai Mitchell
12. Kingsley Suamataia
13. Michael Penix Jr. (why not?)
14. Cooper Beebe

I'm leaving off a bunch of CB's (Wiggins, DeJean, McKinstry) who would arguably be the BPA but there's no god damn way I'm taking a CB in the first when we have two literal Pro Bowlers in their 20's on the roster, with both of them likely to be on large extensions in a year or two.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Ugh, just merge my other thread in here, although you could argue my post should kick things off.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I mean your thread has a much more exciting start to it than this. This thread start is just depressing.
I was 11 minutes ahead of him. And this draft should be depressing. All of this is depressing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was 11 minutes ahead of him. And this draft should be depressing. All of this is depressing.
I mean I did just say in another thread that it's the least excited I have been for a draft in a long time. It's not the players in this draft. It's not the draft it self. It's that this offseason has been so awful that even if we hit a home run in this draft, I'll still feel like we have a bunch of holes on this roster that will fuck us.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
@data I think they need a draft bingo card.

Top Bottom