2024 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you think Liufau and Wright are comparable players, then there's not much else to say.

And if you think he was a 7th rounder.... then I'll just leave you with this. :lol
Yeah not even sure how to respond to someone that watches both guys and thinks they are the same caliber of player. Or maybe they didn't watch either guy in college.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If you think Liufau and Wright are comparable players, then there's not much else to say.
I didn't say they were similar players, but that the situations of their drafting was similar.

Both were reaches and prolly strongly influenced by their new DC's getting lots of leeway

Yes we now know Wright to be a near total bust, but when he was drafted he was a reach. Lord knows why they felt compelled to take him in the 3rd round.

All I know is Liufau will have to impress the Hell out of me to make me believe he's a better choice than Marshawn Lloyd

p1_

DCC 4Life
Both players were “reaches” at their draft round. I agree.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Both players were “reaches” at their draft round. I agree.
The difference is you could see Wright looked like utter dog shit, he was just tall and ran a decent forty. That was it.

Marist actually has some really impressive plays when you watch him. You can see that upside. It's just the entire body of work that makes it hard to justify him in the third. I don't think he was consistently dominant as a LBer in college.

The term reach is a funny word to me though. He was absolutely a reach to me. But I have no idea what other NFL teams thought of the guy. Some probably had him as a fifth on their board. Some maybe a fourth. Some may have even had him as a third. What I'm pretty sure of is that the Cowboys had a third round grade on him. I'm willing to also bet that Carson may have had just as high of a grade for the Cowboys.

What I would love to see is where they had these RBs. Were they all fourth round grades or something? Because if so they just set themselves up to not get one by not having a fourth round pick. Or was Lloyd for example a third rounder on their board.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

And if you think he was a 7th rounder.... then I'll just leave you with this. :lol
You can quit being mean any day now.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I chuckled at first, but then I was like wait a minute, that doesn't even rhyme, not is it a derivative of Woods or anything. I'm leaning towards fail also.

Top Bottom