2024 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

GShock

DCC 4Life
Imagine if we took a RB instead of a TE last year? What if Mazi was a legit NT? How about anyone but Fehoko? Overshown is the only guy that I look at and go, he may have an impact in 2024. Hope I'm wrong on the other 3 but I feel like we needed to find 2 good starters out of those three picks. What the hell was the point of a second TE that high. I get the positions of the other two, just the wrong guys. But backup TE in the second?
Backup 25 year old TE in the second.

what a waste.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Gallimore = doesn't even count as a loss

Gallup = most miniscule of losses

Biadasz = possible moderate loss depending on replacement

Armstrong = catastrophic franchise-altering loss

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Gallimore = doesn't even count as a loss

Gallup = most miniscule of losses

Biadasz = possible moderate loss depending on replacement

Armstrong = catastrophic franchise-altering loss
Tyron = huge fing loss.

Pollard = moderate to large loss if we don’t land a good alternative

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I honestly didn't see anything better last year with Tyron than 2 years ago with Tyler at LT. I think the key is the interior.

Even if that's true (I don't agree but I don't think it's a big dropoff regardless), I think it's a huge dropoff from Tyler Smith to Bass until proven otherwise.

And while we're at it, if we're going with Hoffman at center I think we can assume a drop off there as well.

And then if there's injuries we're in quite a bit of trouble unless we bring in some depth or suddenly guys like Richards step up.

We're playing with fire on both lines. Probably the two most important (other than QB) units on the field, so...makes sense.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I imagine it will be Bass and a draft pick to man LG and OC . The best option waiting at our first pick will maybe determine where Bass goes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And while we're at it, if we're going with Hoffman at center I think we can assume a drop off there as well.
Hoffman at center worries me more than anything. He looks serviceable but I really would prioritize a center in this draft. If Hoffman proves me wrong most those guys can play guard too.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Is Zeke still available? Put him on an all-you-can-eat McDonald's diet for a month or two and he can replace Biadasz.
He already has some experience playing center. :thumbsup

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So we are drafting an LT/LG in the first, RB in the second, and will roll with Jalen Tolbert as WR3.

this fucking team.
I think there are WRs that will be available in the third this year that are better than Tolbert. This draft is kind of insane at WR.

But are we really going to go OL, WR and RB in the first 3? Feels like that's a real abandonment of defense.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think there are WRs that will be available in the third this year that are better than Tolbert. This draft is kind of insane at WR.

But are we really going to go OL, WR and RB in the first 3? Feels like that's a real abandonment of defense.
I think they'll fit a defensive player in there somewhere. That embarrassing defensive performance vs Green Bay should still be very fresh in their minds.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If OL, WR, and RB are BPA, then I hope that's what we do. As it would indeed, be a great strategy. I don't want to force a defense pick, just because we need a player. That's how you end up with inferior players.

I agree with that, I'm referring to not doing enough in free agency.

Top Bottom