2024 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
In terms of winning a Super Bowl, probably, because the culture is rancid, but you can't just ignore the fact that our regular season record over the last decade is like the 6th best in the league or something.

Nobody wants to hear it but you don't just luck your way into such a thing, someone is doing something right, even if they aren't doing everything or even most things right.

I'd still take that over what would likely be perpetual 6-8 win seasons under Jerry's old way of doing things.
Sure you can ignore it. I bet if someone was to go back and check the W-L records of the teams we beat and lost to, that “regular season record” ain’t so impressive after all. We already know many of the wins this past season were against very inferior teams who ended up with shit records for the most part.
And no matter what, the only thing that counts are your SB trophies. No one gives a shit about 12 or 14 win seasons except homers with nothing else to brag about.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Sure you can ignore it. I bet if someone was to go back and check the W-L records of the teams we beat and lost to, that “regular season record” ain’t so impressive after all. We already know many of the wins this past season were against very inferior teams who ended up with shit records for the most part.
And no matter what, the only thing that counts are your SB trophies. No one gives a shit about 12 or 14 win seasons except homers with nothing else to brag about.
Bro, I'm sorry the Dallas Cowboys have not fulfilled YOUR expectations. We REAL fans are perfectly happy with back to back to back 12-5 seasons. All that matters is getting in the playoffs and anything can happen. /sips wine

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
theyve had ample time to do Dak's contract. I dont see any incentive for delaying, none.
You'd think they'd have learned their lesson after what happened the last time they tried kicking this can down the road.

It ended up costing them a lot more.

Who the hell am I kidding.

That family has already shown that they don't believe in the old saying about the definition of insanity. They clearly see nothing wrong with making the same mistakes over and over.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
You'd think they'd have learned their lesson after what happened the last time they tried kicking this can down the road.

It ended up costing them a lot more.

Who the hell am I kidding.

That family has already shown that they don't believe in the old saying about the definition of insanity. They clearly see nothing wrong with making the same mistakes over and over.
Maybe Dak has had enough of Dallas and the whores suing him. Maybe he'd like to relocate to a QB needy team like Denver with less spotlight and legal drugs.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Maybe Dak has had enough of Dallas and the whores suing him. Maybe he'd like to relocate to a QB needy team like Denver with less spotlight and legal drugs.
I think you're on to something. A divorce would in all likelihood have to be initiated by Dak. As has been proven by Kirk Cousins' recent contracts, QBs like Dak can make a ton of money in this league from other teams outside of Dallas.

The Joneses need him more than he needs the Cowboys.

So it'll probably come down to Dak wanting a changing of scenery.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think you're on to something. A divorce would in all likelihood have to be initiated by Dak. As has been proven by Kirk Cousins' recent contracts, QBs like Dak can make a ton of money in this league from other teams outside of Dallas.

The Joneses need him more than he needs the Cowboys.

So it'll probably come down to Dak wanting a changing of scenery.
I think y'all are way overthinking this.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

According to Tad Prescott that's not the case. Against his brother's better judgment, Dak wants to be in Dallas.

1bigfan13

Staff member

Okay. Man up.

Field five guys all healthy, not wondering if a guy’s neck is spazzing out week to week.

It is time.
I floated the notion a few weeks ago that even though Tyron graded out pretty well, I think the Cowboys OL will benefit from inserting an OT into the mix who can actually get on the field and practice throughout the week.

I think Tyron not being able to practice throughout the week hurt them to some degree on Sundays.

Top Bottom