2024 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Stars

DCC 4Life
Just dropping by to say wtf. We've always been conservative in FA for years now, but this is ridiculous. Move after move, especially at RB and LB that wouldve made sense for us, and we do nothing.

this has to be some weird hillbilly ultimatum to mccarthy and dak right?

there's no way they can extend Dak after this shitshow, or at least I fucking hope not. He's a qb that needs help.

so the way I see it, they just let them burn up this year, and fire coach and let dak go. I just see no other option beyond something silly like making the superbowl.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Dak, Tank, and Zack are in the last year of their contracts. Either Dak budges or the Jones family blow it up while blaming the cap. Seems like a Jerry Jones thing to do. Next year will be a completely different team if Dak doesn’t budge.
Why would he budge? He knows that some team will be stupid enough to give him $50-60M a year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any body else think it's kind of funny that all these deals are "done" and yet no one can sign a contract until tomorrow. Like why does the NFL put on this charade for "legal tampering."

Technically Jerry could go in and offer everyone he wants more money than the contracts that have already been agreed to. And yet, you'll see no one flip. Funny isn't it.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Any body else think it's kind of funny that all these deals are "done" and yet no one can sign a contract until tomorrow. Like why does the NFL put on this charade for "legal tampering."

Technically Jerry could go in and offer everyone he wants more money than the contracts that have already been agreed to. And yet, you'll see no one flip. Funny isn't it.
True, but we know how to make players flip on us at the last minute and take deals with other teams.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Dez isn’t wrong. Even Slater reported someone in the FA stated they were taking all calls and listening. Look at what happened to Cooper when he didn’t follow the Jones way. Either you play by their rules and take a Discount or you are the fall guy and shipped out.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Just dropping by to say wtf. We've always been conservative in FA for years now, but this is ridiculous. Move after move, especially at RB and LB that wouldve made sense for us, and we do nothing.

this has to be some weird hillbilly ultimatum to mccarthy and dak right?

there's no way they can extend Dak after this shitshow, or at least I fucking hope not. He's a qb that needs help.

so the way I see it, they just let them burn up this year, and fire coach and let dak go. I just see no other option beyond something silly like making the superbowl.
I think this is basically it, and they're insane.

Only an organization that is led by what amounts to a hereditary monarchy could pull some pure assed stupidity like this.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life

All in had better be everyone but Dak. If we resign Dak to 60 million a year we deserve to lose. Hopefully Dak gets mad and demands a trade. That would be a win for both sides.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
All in had better be everyone but Dak. If we resign Dak to 60 million a year we deserve to lose. Hopefully Dak gets mad and demands a trade. That would be a win for both sides.
I mean at this point I think I'd see if the Vikes or someone wants Dak and just roll with Lance. Just go super young and start the rebuild. Because clinging to try to win 10-12 games with Dak this year feels pointless. And honestly I'm tired of dealing with his agent. You know an extension is going to be adding 3 years to the current deal and we will be in the exact same position 3 years from now. What's the damn point. Go cheap and young, clear the cap and make moves next year.

That's what I would do. This absolutely is not what the Cowboys will do.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I mean at this point I think I'd see if the Vikes or someone wants Dak and just roll with Lance. Just go super young and start the rebuild. Because clinging to try to win 10-12 games with Dak this year feels pointless. And honestly I'm tired of dealing with his agent. You know an extension is going to be adding 3 years to the current deal and we will be in the exact same position 3 years from now. What's the damn point. Go cheap and young, clear the cap and make moves next year.

That's what I would do. This absolutely is not what the Cowboys will do.
They're going to roll with the status quo this year, let Dak walk, tank in 2025 and I wouldn't be shocked if these hillbilly fucks had Manning's nephew in the back of their minds even though he's thrown about 2 college passes and might straight up suck.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They're going to roll with the status quo this year, let Dak walk, tank in 2025 and I wouldn't be shocked if these hillbilly fucks had Manning's nephew in the back of their minds even though he's thrown about 2 college passes and might straight up suck.
Why wait a year to tank. We aren't winning a Superbowl with this roster.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because they're idiots.

I already said you either extend Dak now or you see what you can do to trade him, of course they'll go with door 3 instead.
Win just enough games to give fans hope for one more year. Honestly I think fans are starting to get fed up. 12 win seasons with playoff flops aren't going to cut it. It would almost feel better to just start fresh. If we have a 3 win season, oh well. If we go totally young and win 9 games with Trey Lance but miss the playoffs, I'd feel better than if we win another 12 and get our shit pushed in once playoffs start. At least give me some hope that things could get better.

And trading someone might actually give us draft capital in order to enjoy the draft.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Piece of shit franchise run by a piece of shit family.

No hope.

Don’t get on here when we are 10-4 saying how this could still be our year next year.

Honestly, I'll be shocked if we win 7 games next year.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Piece of shit franchise run by a piece of shit family.

No hope.

Don’t get on here when we are 10-4 saying how this could still be our year next year.
There's no logical reason that a 10-4 team shouldn't be a strong contender in any given random year. The only reason that seemingly isn't the case with this moronic organization is the weird voodoo shit Jerry has surrounding the team.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
There's no logical reason that a 10-4 team shouldn't be a strong contender in any given random year. The only reason that seemingly isn't the case with this moronic organization is the weird voodoo shit Jerry has surrounding the team.
As long as Dak is the QB and Jerry is setting the culture, this team can go 17-0 and still shit the bed in epic fashion in the playoffs.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah, it is like they are setting up a failure for the season. These fucktards can’t operate with a sense of urgency for that with everyone on a one year deal. I have yet to see any organization win a championship under that set of circumstances. It is more likely to implode and do it quickly.
It already imploded the moment the upstart Packers whipped us in our own house.

I’m just glad they haven’t extended Dak.

Once that money clears the cap in 2025 we’ll be able to start fresh building around Tyler, Lamb, Diggs, and Parsons.

This run is over. I can finally admit it.

I just wish they’d draft the QB this year instead of next and let Dak land us the biggest compensatory pick of all time in 2026.

Does anyone still believe he’s going to win it all? That this front orifice can build the perfect team around him?

Top Bottom