2024 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He does but he can waive it if he so chooses.
But why would he waive it? He has all the leverage to get what he wants from Dallas. It would have to be some insane deal with insane money for him to jump. A team would have to really be desperate for him. I just don’t see it.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
So he has to approve any deal, which gives Jerry zero leverage in any trade talks. Dak is certainly not going to agree to any trade that sends him to a shitty team, which is the only way they'd get a bunch of picks. He's got Jerry by the balls. If they re-do Dak's deal, his agent is sure to insist on the same thing, no-tag, no trade.

Jerry sure is a slick, savvy negotiator. Gotta wonder if Dak is laughing his ass off at the crusty old Arkansas rube.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Dak is certainly not going to agree to any trade that sends him to a shitty team, which is the only way they'd get a bunch of picks.

I actually don't think that's necessarily true.

A team like Minnesota for example would be pretty decent with Dak.

The real problem is that I think Dak wants to stay in Dallas, so I'm not sure he'd agree to any deal.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
I actually don't think that's necessarily true.

A team like Minnesota for example would be pretty decent with Dak.

The real problem is that I think Dak wants to stay in Dallas, so I'm not sure he'd agree to any deal.
So he sticks it out for another year, hoping he doesn't get hurt, collects his $60 million, then goes wherever he wants.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So he has to approve any deal, which gives Jerry zero leverage in any trade talks. Dak is certainly not going to agree to any trade that sends him to a shitty team, which is the only way they'd get a bunch of picks. He's got Jerry by the balls. If they re-do Dak's deal, his agent is sure to insist on the same thing, no-tag, no trade.

Jerry sure is a slick, savvy negotiator. Gotta wonder if Dak is laughing his ass off at the crusty old Arkansas rube.
You act like Prescott does not have one of the more aggressive agents in the business.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But why would he waive it? He has all the leverage to get what he wants from Dallas. It would have to be some insane deal with insane money for him to jump. A team would have to really be desperate for him. I just don’t see it.
Because most people want their money a year earlier and don't want to waste a year of their life getting their shit pushed in due to a team that refuses to add any talent around them.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Right, why do players hate the franchise tag, even though it pays them a ton?

They want that longer contract and all the guaranteed money that comes with it.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
You act like Prescott does not have one of the more aggressive agents in the business.
Aggressive? So what? It's just business, right? The team owners will fuck the players over every time if given the chance. Dak's agent is sticking it up Jerry's ass. Good for him.

It would be one thing if Jerry were really trying to build something on behalf of the fans. But he's not. He's building a money machine on behalf of the Clampetts. So fuck 'em.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Aggressive? So what? It's just business, right? The team owners will fuck the players over every time if given the chance. Dak's agent is sticking it up Jerry's ass. Good for him.

It would be one thing if Jerry were really trying to build something on behalf of the fans. But he's not. He's building a money machine on behalf of the Clampetts. So fuck 'em.

I have to say fuck 'em both.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
I have to say fuck 'em both.
OK, fuck 'em both. But Dak is not the guy making personnel or FA decisions, or signing contracts. He's a decent NFL QB who's led Jerry's shit train to very respectable regular season results, which has padded Jerry's bank account, but fallen short at crunch time in the playoffs.

Fine. So get rid of him. But Jerry's backed himself into a corner. Is it Dak's fault that Jerry's an incompetent old fart? Bullshit. Get what you can while the getting's good. Fuck Jerry and his redneck, pockmarked son Stephen.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
OK, fuck 'em both. But Dak is not the guy making personnel or FA decisions, or signing contracts. He's a decent NFL QB who's led Jerry's shit train to very respectable regular season results, which has padded Jerry's bank account, but fallen short at crunch time in the playoffs.

Fine. So get rid of him. But Jerry's backed himself so far into a corner he doesn't know how to. Is it Dak's fault that Jerry's an incompetent old fart? Bullshit. Get what you can while the getting's good. Fuck Jerry and his redneck, pockmarked son Stephen.
I went through a very long stage where it was all anger, all day. Now I focus my anger appropriately. You will feel better when you go through Cowboys manopause.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
I went through a very long stage where it was all anger, all day. Now I focus my anger appropriately. You will feel better when you go through Cowboys manopause.
Anger? Nah. I don't give a shit about any of it. I'm the one who wonders why anybody bothers to post anything on this board, or any forum.

Guess that includes me. But I truly have crossed some threshold. I can watch the games and not even feel my pulse rate quicken. It's such a waste of time and energy.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Anger? Nah. I don't give a shit about any of it. I'm the one who wonders why anybody bothers to post anything on this board, or any forum.

Guess that includes me. But I truly have crossed some threshold. I can watch the games and not even feel my pulse rate quicken. It's such a waste of time and energy.
Will you ever get to the point of not caring to watch, and instead feel satisfied with mowing the yard?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You hate because you still love them.
That is not true for me at all.

It is more like sticking with someone when they gave you mind-blowing sex a quarter of a century ago, a few little spurts here/there and now they still act like their piece of ass is still prime but you don’t get shit when it is all said and done.

The love is but a faded memory with each and every shitheaded season.

Top Bottom