2024 Cowboys Draft Chatter thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Someone should've asked, "What about when you draft like last year?"
He would just say he loves that class. It was hurt by injuries but you can't judge a draft class by just their rookie year. Yada Yada. He'd probably try to tell you that they loved the contribution of Schoon and that Mazi is really coming along (Even though he is rehabbing right now, so how can you even say that)

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Someone should've asked, "What about when you draft like last year?"

That's the biggest thing. When your draft last year is as shitty as it was, a normal franchise that wants to win would then come to the conclusion that you are forced to either make trades or dip into free agency.

Not us. We double down on our shitty drafts around here.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's the biggest thing. When your draft last year is as shitty as it was, a normal franchise that wants to win would then come to the conclusion that you are forced to either make trades or dip into free agency.

Not us. We double down on our shitty drafts around here.
They can always say they drafted differently last year.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They can always say they drafted differently last year.

Can they also say that some of those guys will step up to bigger roles this year? With as much personnel as we've lost, they're going to need to.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Can they also say that some of those guys will step up to bigger roles this year? With as much personnel as we've lost, they're going to need to.
It is one thing to say they need to step up.

I think a lot of these pivotal players aren’t really very good, including last year’s first round choice.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like him. He is probably my third center but I have no idea what the "injury concerns" are with JPJ. And honestly I don't think Frazier is that far behind the top two. I really believe an impact center and RB in this draft could at least go a long way to fixing this running game. Everything else may fall to pieces but maybe we can come out of the draft with one thing, a running game.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Mazi had Micah's seal of approval. I don't have anything against Frazier but you'll have to excuse me if one our player's approval doesn't move the needle for me.
Martin loves Steele, too. :tippytoe

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mazi had Micah's seal of approval. I don't have anything against Frazier but you'll have to excuse me if one our player's approval doesn't move the needle for me.
Yeah, I don't see Martin sitting in a room studying college center film. I'm sure they work out together and he likes the dude (They all work out with Duke I think) but ultimately I like the player with or without Martin's approval.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
l've come to the conclusion that our draft should be all offensive and defensive line, except for 1 pick in the top 100 or so for a RB. Fuck everything else.
This is how we get into trouble, when we force things.

We lacked a WR in 1997 so we drafted LaFleur at TE without any good WRs in the class. We forced Mazi last year when his top rating was early 2nd round. We did a lot of listening to Quinn, forcing Bossman and Wright to “fix” the secondary. Had Surtain and Horn been available we’d have forced them at CB and missed a (maybe) generational guy in Parsons. The list goes on.

Fortunately sometimes the draft’s talent does match the teams need. This year we badly need OL and luckily the draft is loaded at OT. Whew. But we should feel free to draft a more talented DE, for example. Unfortunately we’ve penned ourselves into having to draft an OT (or maybe center).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom