2024 Cowboys Draft Chatter thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Eh, to me it's still interesting to hear opinions from one of the best coaches who ever lived.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah his takes on players might not be very good.
I don’t get how people seriously do not see the real issues he had with personnel. He hit big on Brady and Gronkowski. But good lord, he blew so many picks on bad WRs.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Brooks, Sweat, Worthy

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Charisma is about the last thing I think of when I think of Bill Belichick.
Ohhh, I misunderstand

I thought we were talking Parcells

Even still, I’d be interested to know Belichick’s perspective

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Ohhh, I misunderstand

I thought we were talking Parcells

Even still, I’d be interested to know Belichick’s perspective
I could be mistaken, too. The talk started with Belichick, but then Parcells was included.

But, yeah. If you were talking about Parcells there, I would agree with that. He's always interesting to listen to when he's talking. Belichick, not so much. :art

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I could be mistaken, too. The talk started with Belichick, but then Parcells was included.

But, yeah. If you were talking about Parcells there, I would agree with that. He's always interesting to listen to when he's talking. Belichick, not so much. :art
Belichick has the knowledge, he just sucks with his mumbling delivery. And his grumpiness is only cool when his teams are winning.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

There are some serious misperceptions about this draft and one is that the top DTs won’t go before our pick.

CowboyRoy

Whoa An Active DCCer
It definitely does, which is what makes their offseason so far so frustrating. They've allowed themselves to be in a position to have desperate needs which means they'll neglect upgrading spots that would make the team better. Replacing Tyron, Biadasz and Pollard only gets them back to where they started from.

In the meantime, who replaces Boozestrong, or Hankins, or even Fowler?

It's insane that they've let it get to this point.
They take a center in the first and thats a huge upgrade over Biadez. Pollard was terrible last year. We can get a back in the 3rd as good if not better.

Hankins did little for us and was getting too old anyway. All those guys needed to go. Fowler was a rotation guy as was armstrong. We got Williams primed and ready waiting in the wings and he has to step up. Depth is the issue at this point.

Really not concerned about losing any of those guys. Armstrong got paid like a starter, which he isnt.

Vander was already hurt so he was no great loss. Kendricks is an upgrade over Vander anyway. Then we get back Overshawn. He was hurt early in the year so he should be ready to go and hungry. Personally I think Overshawn is a terror. Playmaker and is always around the ball.

Clark now in year 3, Kendricks, Oversawn. That is a big improvement over what we had last year. Then we get diggs back in the secondary to team with Bland. Best secondary in the NFL. Kearse was old and neede to go. We have a couple great young playmakers at safety.

I here all the doom and gloomers, but I dont think people are really looking at everything. Need to nail the draft with the Oline and RB.

Dline and DT are biggest concerns. But we have great starters at DE.

Biggest disappointment of the offseason was not spending the money to bring in a stud veteran DT 1 tech. Relying on Mazi to suddenly blossom and fill that hole is lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom