2024 7th Round Pick - Nathan Thomas, OT, Louisiana-Lafayette

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This will be known as the great OL draft of ‘24.
I mean it was definitely the most talented O-line class I can recall off the top of my head. On top of that I think we got 3 really good players. These aren't Waletzko or Ball types in my opinion. These are legit potential starting O-line. Guys with not only the potential to start but to be really good starters too.

You combine that with Tyler Smith who was already here and the future is looking really bright for the O-line. I just hope at some point we can get some RBs to run behind the line that are worth a shit.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
This will be known as the great OL draft of ‘24.
It sucks we didn't get a RB, but it's much better than the ST draft of '09.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It sucks we didn't get a RB, but it's much better than the ST draft of '09.
IF it wasn't back to back years we needed a RB and just totally skipped the position it might be different (OK, so I'm not counting a late round pick on Deuce). But I get skipping on it if RB is weak in a draft. But back to back years with it being one of our biggest needs, it seems ridiculous.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
IF it wasn't back to back years we needed a RB and just totally skipped the position it might be different (OK, so I'm not counting a late round pick on Deuce). But I get skipping on it if RB is weak in a draft. But back to back years with it being one of our biggest needs, it seems ridiculous.
Yep, from taking Zeke at 4 and then giving him the ridiculous contract...one extreme to the other.

Overvalue then undervalue...the kind of shit that a team with no organizational philosophy does. The sort of thing that would get any other GM ran out of town.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Yep, from taking Zeke at 4 and then giving him the ridiculous contract...one extreme to the other.

Overvalue then undervalue...the kind of shit that a team with no organizational philosophy does. The sort of thing that would get any other GM ran out of town.
They copy trends that work for the rest of the league, but slowly, and by the time they adopt what was once a cutting edge philosophy, the league has moved on to something else.

They react about as fast as Mazi. Lazy, cunt fucking hillibillies with absolutely no ingenuity when it comes to football.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They copy trends that work for the rest of the league, but slowly, and by the time they adopt what was once a cutting edge philosophy, the league has moved on to something else.

They react about as fast as Mazi. Lazy, cunt fucking hillibillies with absolutely no ingenuity when it comes to football.
Assembling the absolute shittiest RB room in team history is not following a trend. They are trying to copy something that the Rams did with Gurley, yet now they are like strike that, reverse it and play it forward. It is fucking demented.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I still wonder if the analytics dorks have anything to do with this.

Nah, probably just Jerry's mancrush on Zeke.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still wonder if the analytics dorks have anything to do with this.

Nah, probably just Jerry's mancrush on Zeke.
I think it's the man crush. He is over estimating Zeke. I hope I'm under estimating him. But I remember the 49ers playoff game when Pollard got hurt and Zeke looked like total trash way too well.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
RB is still a fungible position, once these guys get their heads out of their asses we'll find a decent one pretty easily. Rebuilding an OL is the way harder piece, so I'm glad we have a huge headstart on that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
RB is still a fungible position, once these guys get their heads out of their asses we'll find a decent one pretty easily. Rebuilding an OL is the way harder piece, so I'm glad we have a huge headstart on that.
The thing about RB is teams seem willing to trade them all the time. They have a short shelf life so if a guy isn't going to be used a lot or a team isn't likely to win enough games, they will dump them.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
There will be some decent backs available at final cuts for sure. I just hope by then Jerry hasn't talked himself into the guys he already has being good enough. I could see them using the excuse that the new guy won't know the system, blitz pickups, etc. well enough coming in so late.

I mean God forbid we get a Rico Dowdle progress stopper.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
There will be some decent backs available at final cuts for sure. I just hope by then Jerry hasn't talked himself into the guys he already has being good enough. I could see them using the excuse that they don't know the system, blitz pickups, etc. well enough coming in so late.

We like who we have.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There will be some decent backs available at final cuts for sure. I just hope by then Jerry hasn't talked himself into the guys he already has being good enough. I could see them using the excuse that the new guy won't know the system, blitz pickups, etc. well enough coming in so late.

Yea I was talking more about 2025 than this year, which I think is basically a lost year as it is because of the dithering of these idiots. The best we can hope for this year is that they do something in September or October once they realize their mistake.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yea I was talking more about 2025 than this year, which I think is basically a lost year as it is because of the dithering of these idiots. The best we can hope for this year is that they do something in September or October once they realize their mistake.
Maybe they'll actually trade one of those late picks for a guy a couple of weeks before the opener and not wait until the last minute. That's my hope anyway.

I'd even pay a little more for someone of actual quality and not just settle for the best of the scrap heap guys.

But that might get in Zeke's way.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is where I'm at. After a few 15 carry for 45 yard type games out of Zeke, I'm guessing they may decide it's worth making a move. Especially when you can flip a day three pick for a really good RB in the NFL.

I know they are saying Zeke isn't going to be used like that but I just don't believe them. He has too much love in that locker room. And he has the history and trust of the coaches. We don't have a great history of splitting carries very well. I think in the end we will go back to the old well of Zeke and it's not going to go very well. Dowdle will get some carries. And they will ignore all the other RBs. And then Dowdle will probably get hurt and panic will set in.

Top Bottom