2024 3rd Round Pick - Cooper Beebe, OG, Kansas State

data

Forbes #1
Doubtful. What Guyton does at LT will have far more impact.
Sure, but Guyton is expected a certain level as the first rounder and essentially would be even-steven with Tyron’s play last year.

For a third rounder, though, quite a bit of tweets and YouTube videos spotlighting Beebe as if he could be the difference.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Sure, but Guyton is expected a certain level as the first rounder and essentially would be even-steven with Tyron’s play last year.

For a third rounder, though, quite a bit of tweets and YouTube videos spotlighting Beebe as if he could be the difference.
He's got his hands full holding off the Brock Hoffman.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Beebe can transition to center we're going to have a slightly watered down "Great Wall" situation in a year or two. Maybe even this year depending on how quickly him and Guyton can get up to speed and what sort of condition Steele is in.

Lots of maybe's there for this year though, but the long term OL situation looks excellent.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Beebe can transition to center we're going to have a slightly watered down "Great Wall" situation in a year or two. Maybe even this year depending on how quickly him and Guyton can get up to speed and what sort of condition Steele is in.

Lots of maybe's there for this year though, but the long term OL situation looks excellent.
Yeah, obviously we have an elite LG and a probowl RG. If Beebe is even just good as a rookie, that makes for a really impressive interior O-line. I was all for a center in the first round of the draft for this very fact. I think center is way underrated in the NFL. What a guy like Kelce, Frederick or whoever can do for your team at center is really a difference maker. Not that Biadasz was bad but he wasn't really good either. And that's what leads to mediocre run blocking.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
True, although I think he's as good of a guard prospect as Frederick was a center prospect, the question is whether or not he can actually translate to center and how fast.
Yeah, I feel really good about him at center, assuming he can snap a ball. But admittedly I would have felt really good about Barton too. Or Frazier. But you can get a whole lot better than Biadasz without being as good as say Travis Frederick. I want a kick as center. And I think he can be that. But like I've said, just give me a good center. And I'm very confident he can be that.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Yeah, I feel really good about him at center, assuming he can snap a ball. But admittedly I would have felt really good about Barton too. Or Frazier. But you can get a whole lot better than Biadasz without being as good as say Travis Frederick. I want a kick as center. And I think he can be that. But like I've said, just give me a good center. And I'm very confident he can be that.
That's the easy part, the hardest part comes after the snap... getting your hand up quick enough to get in the first punch, before the defender gets into your chest. I guess if you're thinking too much about that second part it could affect the snap.

Top Bottom