2023 Season | Wildcard Sunday | Packers at Cowboys | Gameday Chatter thread | 1/14/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Right, the defense gave up 3 TD's on 4 drives. And it wasn't like they were 3 tough drives. They were easy. Big chunks on 1st and 2nd down. They played ahead of the chains all day long. Blame Dak all you want, he deserves it, but this was so bad defensively I still can't believe it. You all expect Dak to shit the bed, but this defense under Quinn yesterday? That was somewhat shocking. Quinn was so bad with his personnel dude will be lucky to have a job and wherever he is good luck.
I'd love to know what convinced Quinn to play so much zone yesterday. They had their full compliment of players in the secondary so it wasn't like they needed to adjust to a sudden rash of injuries.

It just felt like a coach that got too cute for his own good and it ended up failing miserably. Also, the biggest indictment to me was his complete inability or refusal to adjust during the game.

data

Forbes #1
If you think nobody would give us multiple firsts for Dak you haven't been paying attention to the league for the past several decades. We'd get an enormous windfall trading Dak. Multiple firsts. Multiple. Not guessing.

Half the league would line up for him. It's a QB starved league.
I hope you’re correct.

But I see a different world now that we’ve seen the failed trades of Russell Wilson, Carson Wentz, Deshaun Watson and trending-that-way Aaron Rodgers. And we’re expecting Mr. 5th Rounder Jerruh to be the one to pull off another?

Even before this trade talk, we should ask the question if Jerruh is willing to tell ticket holders their 2024 starter will be Rush/Lance. Shining up Prescott with a new FA and head coach is easier to sell.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I absolutely love tuning into an ESPN show and the first words from the host is, “the Green Bay packers beat the dogshit out of the Dallas cowboys “.

data

Forbes #1
Right, the defense gave up 3 TD's on 4 drives. And it wasn't like they were 3 tough drives. They were easy. Big chunks on 1st and 2nd down. They played ahead of the chains all day long. Blame Dak all you want, he deserves it, but this was so bad defensively I still can't believe it.
Packers averaged 9.5 yards on first down

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If you think nobody would give us multiple firsts for Dak you haven't been paying attention to the league for the past several decades. We'd get an enormous windfall trading Dak. Multiple firsts. Multiple. Not guessing.

Half the league would line up for him. It's a QB starved league.
Agreed. The only thing that I think will drive trade compensation down is his contract status. Teams typically don't give up fair market value for players in the final year of their deals.

data

Forbes #1
I'd love to know what convinced Quinn to play so much zone yesterday. They had their full compliment of of players in the secondary so it wasn't like they needed to adjust to a sudden rash of injuries.

It just felt like a coach that got too cute for his own good and it ended up failing miserably. Also, the biggest indictment to me was his complete inability or refusal to adjust during the game.
I’m guessing that the mentality was our offense is gonna score big points, so our defense doesn’t need to win the game, just needs to not lose it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Packers averaged 9.5 yards on first down
And that's usually how it goes every time this defense plays poorly -- the yards just come so easily and guys are always running around wide open or get 6-8 yards past the LOS before being touched.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Jerry needs to hurry the fuck up and fire McCarthy and hire Harbaugh.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I'd love to know what convinced Quinn to play so much zone yesterday. They had their full compliment of players in the secondary so it wasn't like they needed to adjust to a sudden rash of injuries.

It was crazy. I woke up in the middle of the night frustrated by it. While I'm sure most of the defense slept like babies and Quinn was an a plane to Seattle.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It was crazy. I woke up in the middle of the night frustrated by it. While I'm sure most of the defense slept like babies and Quinn was an a plane to Seattle.
God, I hope so.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Agreed. The only thing that I think will drive trade compensation down is his contract status. Teams typically don't give up fair market value for players in the final year of their deals.

Cleveland gave up a windfall for Watson and then handed him a guaranteed albatross contract. After Watson was out for a year and had huge allegations over his head.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
The only hire that makes sense is Bobby Slowik - since the Cowboys get their fucking asses kicked by the Shanahan coaching tree every year, might as well hire one of the soy boys that comes from it. But that hire doesn’t fit with their usual MO and there’s zero chance Jerruh has even heard of the guy to begin with.

Harbaugh is too eccentric. Jerruh and little Stevie won’t “get it” with him.

I think they are probably enamored by Belichick and that will be the move.

dpf1123

DCC 4Life
I think the likely outcome is nothing. McCarthy comes back after a week or two of teeth gnashing and the sunshine pumping begins again.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think the likely outcome is nothing. McCarthy comes back after a week or two of teeth gnashing and the sunshine pumping begins again.
Sadly, this is the most likely outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom